This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
Camping composting toilet is the best solution for those who love camping. Composting toilet will help you to reduce the aggressive smell by separating the waste from the liquid.
As we know, it is the time of the era when everyone’s super conscious about hygiene and a clean environment. In the past, people usually sat down in the wild or open area with jeans down and thinking about this problem should be a solution. As we have the best portable camping toilets, sleeping bags that come with almost all needs of the routine accessories. However, one thing was missing that is a camping toilet
So here we have the best camping composting toilet list that is amazing and portable. All these camping toilets are best to use during your outdoor adventures and trips. So let’s go towards the list of the camping composting toilet.
List of the 5 best camping composting toilet
- Camco portable travel toilet-best portable toilet
- Serenelife Outdoor portable travel toilet-best big water tank
- Portable Toilet Camping by Porta Potty– best lightweight toilet
- Leopard Portable Outdoor RV Toilet-best outdoor Rv toilet
- VINGLI Portable 5.3 Gallon Flushing Camping Toilet-best overall camping toilet
Table of Contents
best camping composting toilet review
Let’s have a look at the ultimate buying guide and review of 5 excellent camping composting toilet
1. Camco 41541 Portable Travel Toilet
Camco’s portable composting toilet is specially designed for camping and Rving. It is very nicely built and has a strong structure. Its compact design makes it lightweight while providing all those benefits you might need while camping or boating.
It only weighs about 10 pounds so it can be easily carried around. While covering an area of only about 2 square feet, this thing can even fit on a fishing boat.
So you don’t have to get out of the waters earlier than scheduled. Camco’s this portable toilet is 16-inches in height, which means it’s slightly more comfortable than regular toilets and will benefit the taller folks.
It comes with a sealing slide valve that prevents the odor from getting out and prevents leakage. If we talk about the holding capabilities, this nature’s head composting toilet comes with a 5.3-liter holding tank and a 2.5-liter flash tank. There are side-mounted latches that lock the toilet and tank in place.
- The detachable 5.3-litre holding tank is convenient.
- The slide valve locks the odour inside to prevent any discomfort.
- With a 16-inch height, this is one of the best in the business.
- Side latches are super helpful in keeping the unit intact and stable.
- On the back of the waste tank, there is a cap for emptying the tank quickly.
- A cap you can be open to filling the flush tank on the top of the flush tank.
- Ten pounds of weight means it’s super easy to move around.
- Nice hight
- Big tank
- Odour protection
- Emptying is not that great.
2. SereneLife Outdoor Portable Toilet for camping
Whether you are going camping in the beautiful woods near your city or far away to visit that beautiful lake you always wanted to, you would definitely don’t want the uncomfortable moments to disturb your moments of pleasure. So that’s where this camping composting toilet from SereneLife comes into play.
SereneLife Outdoor Portable Toilet is for weighing about 11 pounds and has a nice high sitting seat. It is a composite toilet that can provide comfort with stability.
It has two dedicated tanks. One tank is used for freshwater, and the other is used for waste. The waste tank can contain up to 5.3 gallons of waste. So you don’t have to worry about cleaning it all the time. And the fresh water tank can hold up to 3.5 gallons so that you can be flushed 50 times.
SereneLife Outdoor Portable Toilet comes with a specially designed splash-free rotating pour spout and a piston pump flushing type, so you can quickly and conveniently clean it.
Its drain valve is double sealed, so it has got some social protection against leakages and odor. Its made of high-density polyethylene, which makes it reliable and lightweight at the same time.
- A good height seat makes it comfortable to use.
- A 3.5-gallon tank allowing 50 flushes in a single fill saves you a lot of time and effort.
- Piston flushing is tremendous and cleans the bowl nicely.
- A rotating splash-free pour spout system makes cleaning easy and convenient.
- The 5.3-gallon waste holding tank means that a whole family can use it.
- It’s well made, and the design looks alright.
- Lightweight and easy to carry around.
- Big water tank
- Nice cleaning
- Good odour protection
- The seat is not that big.
3. Portable Toilet Camping by Porta Potty
The sturdy tiny portable camping toilet for Rving, and even if you are going for a long road trip and don’t want to stop in public places, this portable composting toilet is a must-have item for you. This specific one comes with a 5-gallon waste tank, so when you have to wake up on nature’s call, you don’t have to walk a mile to get relief.
It has a seat lid, and a covering lit to prevent odor. When you have done the task, the waste tank is separated for cleaning, making life easier and cleaner. A tight valve is attached to the side for cleaning and also to prevent leakage and odor. It is made of high-density polyethylene, so it can withstand the extensive scenarios of travel and camping.
The build material is also easy to clean, so you spend less time cleaning and more in nature. This camping toilet is super lightweight and super compact. Only measures about a foot on each side can fit in anywhere. The seat is nice and high, about the same size as a standard toilet in our homes, so you’re not going to have any issues with that.
- It’s super lightweight and easy to carry around.
- The freshwater tank can contain 3-gallons of water which can deliver up to 70 flushes.
- It has a sound leakage and odour prevention system.
- Build material is polyethene which is to clean.
- The seat is nice and high.
- Dual lids are super helpful in maintaining a good environment.
- Easy to clean
- Nice hight
- A bit small for some people.
4. Leopard Portable Outdoor RV Toilet
This Leopard Portable Outdoor composting toilet is one of the best camping toilets, that comes with a 3.3-gallon freshwater tank and a 5.3-gallon waste tank. So it is going to last you through as many as 50 flushes which is a lot.
Its weight is 11.2 lb when empty, which means that it can quickly move the unit around. It comes with a wider base providing stability and comfort at the same time.
Because it is so stable, can use it for people who can’t walk to the toilet. The leopard portable outdoor composting toilet has a unique 3-way cleaning system for easy and convenient, thorough cleaning without getting your hands dirty. The waste tank can be separated from the central unit and so emptying it becomes easy.
The central unit and the waste tank are intact together via two latches that are corrosion-resistant and made of high-density polyethylene. So it’s not going to get loose anytime soon. A sealed valve ensures that no fluid or smell gets out. Overall the unit has a matte finish, so not going to get filled with scratches after a month.
- A stable base makes this the best choice for people who want comfort.
- 50-times flush capacity with a single fill is excellent.
- A 5.3-gallon waste tank ensures that a whole family can use it.
- A 3-way cleaning system covers the entire bowl.
- The side latches are strong and corrosion-resistant.
- There is a sealed valve for leakage and smell protection.
- Lightweight and easy to move around.
- Big waste tank
- 3-way cleaning
- It’s a chunky-looking design.
5. VINGLI Portable 5.3 Gallon Flushing Camping Toilet
The Vingle Portable toilet has a double lid design with separate flushing and waste storage tanks. Design Wise it’s similar to the other toilets on the list. The flush tank and the water tank connected with the help of two solid latches and a pipe on the waste tank for waste removal.
The pipe is well designed and can easily fit into any waste facility for easy and splash-free removal of the waste. The flushing system is pumped base, so you can get through cleaning as compared to traditional flushing. The waste tank can store up to 5.3-Gallons of waste, so it does not require cleaning now and then. It comes with built-in handles, which makes it easier to carry around.
- Robust flushing system with piston flushing, which cleans the bowl thoroughly.
- Good size waste tank holds a lot of waste.
- With a maximum load capacity of 441 pounds, this thing is tricky.
- A splash-free cleaning system only makes life easier.
- Built-in handles make mobility easy.
- The build material is of good quality.
- Strong flushing
- Big tank
- Built-in handles
- Nice cleaning system.
- Not a good-sized bowl
How composting toilets work, and what are their benefits?
In a composting toilet, the waste gets mixed with peat moss, sawdust, leaves, or wood shaving, and in this way, it uses less water to flush. A composting toilet is like an ordinary toilet, like a top to sit and a chamber to collect the waste.
The chamber of the toilet has a place for the storage of waste. This chamber will allow proper ventilation. So there will be an aerobic breakdown of the wastage. Moreover, there is also a water collection system that will remove all the excess. So you can easily carry it from one place to another.
- The first benefit of using composting toilets is they reduce the waste of water.
- The breakdown of the waste makes soil fertilize, and the earth will become more fertilized, and no need for any manure.
- A composting toilet will make it low maintenance and is also low impact on the land.
The first drawback is that if you do not maintain it properly, there will be an odor, and it will also produce harmful bacteria. The other disadvantage is the need for proper removal and dumping of waste at any designated area. Some people have this procedure.
So besides all these benefits, there are disadvantages also. However, there are still a lot of benefits of camping composting toilets. They are best for a nature-friendly environment. So in my opinion, if you can take care of little maintenance of your camping toilet, then it can work for you.
Buyer Guide for camping composting toilet
We have written a detailed buying guide for you. You can get help about all factors that you have to know before buying the best camping composting toilet.
Firstly, take a look at the waste disposal procedure of the composting toilet. Because in the end, you have to waste all the stuff somewhere. For urine, composting toilets comes with chemicals that make urine a solid waste. So you can quickly destroy it.
So take a look at the waste disposal procedure and after dumping the waste at any designated location. Clean it thoroughly for next time use.
The second thing you need to consider is the size of the toilet. For instance, if you plan a trip for a week, then there will be a need for a large volume composition toilet. On the other hand, for a small day trip, a smaller volume composting toilet can work. However, if you have a family, then the size of the bathroom will also vary. So make sure to choose the right size of a portable toilet according to your needs.
The other most important thing about a camping composting toilet is portability. No, one wants to carry a large size of toilet while hanging around or traveling. For instance, for yacht traveling, you don’t need to take it everywhere you go. However, if you are fond of camping and hiking, then obviously make sure to choose a portable size.
Furthermore, you need to be aware of the weight capacity that your toilet can carry. Never choose a weight that you can not take easily.
Many toilets come with a private shelter. A private shelter is essential for your privacy. If your toilet doesn’t have any private shelter, you may need to pick it separately.
Q. Are composting toilets legal in the US?
Codes are regulating composting toilets like Washington, Oregon, and the east coast, etc. The states have NSF-certified toilets, and they became legal recently. You can also use a composting toilet with the following rules and regulations.
- Connect an approved sewer with a flush toilet.
- Never transport humans across property lines.
- Never create a public odour and nuisance.
Q. Are there problems with all pharmaceuticals excreted in urine?
According to many types of research, all pharmaceutical substances come from natural derivatives. These substances can be degraded by microbial activities.
Q. How do I use urine to fertilize plants?
Urine also can be used for nitrogen fertilizer. You can apply it to crops and plants. For instance, you can dilute it with 3 to 5 parts of water. After applying urine fertilization, water your plants with fresh water.
However, don’t need to add excessive fertilizer as it will lead to excess urine. You can use urine after 2 to 3 weeks a while.
Q. I can’t find sawdust. What else can I use in my composting toilets?
If you can find a bag of sawdust, then you can take help from any organic material. You can use coffee grounds, leaf duff, and rice hulls, etc.
Q. Can I use a composting toilet in a freezing climate?
Yes, you can use a composting toilet in a freezing climate. However, as in freezing temperatures, the composting toilet will stop composting, keeping it in an insulated place. The outdoor hot composting toilet can also work in a freezing climate.
If you are super concerned about helping the nat, we will recommend reducing carbon footprints. The best thing to do in this matter is a composting toilet. So whenever you go for outdoor trips, make sure to use the best portable camping composting toilet.
A camping composting toilet will help you help the environment and use a sophisticated way for everything. The only thing where you need to make your mind is the popper damping of the waste. However, it is not such a big deal. For this reason, we have compiled a list of the five best composting toilets here. So make sure to grab the one and enjoy your outdoor rips in a more civilized way.
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.