This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
Choosing a folding pruning saw may be challenging. However, you must know the best folding pruning saw is the one that offers a sharp and clean cut. Moreover, it’s also easy to use.
Do you have a small garden with some trees in your home? Well, you must be well aware of the effort required to make it attractive. The pruning saw can help you to prune your trees quickly. However, if you don’t prune trees regularly, you’re inviting insects to damage trees. So, it’s essential to have the best folding pruning saw to make your garden look beautiful.
You would find a variety of pruning saws in the market. But the trick is to find the best one. This article will do pruning saw reviews to help you find the best folding hand saw. Before digging into the reviews, it’s essential to know what is a folding saw and why you must have one. Let’s start.
10 best folding pruning saw a recommendation
- Corona RS 7265D RazorTOOTH – best Folding Pruning Saw
- Felco Folding Saw (F 600) – best Classic Tree Pruning Saw
- TABOR TOOLS Folding Saw – best design pruning saw
- Fiskars 390470-1002 Power Tooth – best Soft Grip Folding Saw
- ARS Pruning – best Folding Turbocut Saw
- OLMSTED FORGE Hand Saw with 7″ Folding Blade – best hand saw for pruning
- Silky GomBoy – best Professional Folding Saw
- Silky ZUBAT – best Professional Curved Hand Saw
- Silky Professional BIGBOY 2000 – best Folding Saw Large Teeth
- Spear & Jackson 4948PS Razorsharp 12inch – best Large Folding Pruning Saw,
Table of Contents
What is a Folding Saw?
The folding saw is a lightweight and compact saw. It comes with the ease of portability while not compromising with functionality. Most handsaws use one of the following ways to hide their blades.
- Hide blade in the groove present beside the handle.
- Store the blade within the handle.
You can use the folding saw for a variety of purposes, such as
- Tree pruning
- Shrub pruning
- To help in construction work
- Outdoor activities
Benefits of using a folding saw:
You can get diverse benefits with a folding saw, including
- Portability: You can carry the folding saws anywhere you want. Its lightweight and compact design make it best for outdoor activities. People belonging to diverse professions can use it easily. For example, it’s a helping hand for landscapers, farmers, and ranchers.
- Easy storage: The compact design makes it easy to store. If you’re going on a camping tour, you can pack it in your backpack. Besides, you can keep it in tool bags, survival kits, canoes, or anything with limited storage capacity.
- Versatility: You can accomplish a variety of jobs with the best folding handsaw. Most of the handsaws work perfectly; either you want to trim trees or cut logs. To provide you with versatility, folding saws come in various types. One such type is the pruning saw.
The pruning saws are best for trimming shrubs and trees. They come with thick blades to provide sharpness. Moreover, pruning saws are easy to use because their teeth don’t retain the sap.
Why It’s Important To Prune Trees?
Pruning is an excellent method to maintain the plants and trees. Regular pruning means you’re preventing your trees and family from pests. Some of the essential benefits of pruning the trees are:
Improve plant health:
With pruning, you can remove the dead areas of the plants. Thus, you’re preventing the decay from getting spread to other sites. Moreover, your plants and trees will be able to get sufficient sunlight after the prune.
Maintain plant size:
If you want your plant to be aesthetically pleasing, pruning is essential. Puring will control your plant’s size, making it fit your garden’s landscape.
Promote flower and fruit growth:
Pruning promotes the plant’s vegetation. You will see more fruits and flowers if you’re pruning your plants regularly. Moreover, pruning also allows the young plants to grow fast.
10 Best Folding Pruning Saws- Reviews
In folding pruning saw reviews, we have reviewed the top ten folding pruning saws. After careful analysis, we’ve described the features of all. Read the reviews carefully to choose the best folding pruning saw.
1. Corona RS 7265D – best Folding Pruning Saw
Are you looking for a folding pruning saw? Well, Corona RS 7265 D pruning saw can be your best helping hand in pruning trees. It consists of 3-sided teeth that cut the trees efficiently. Moreover, the blade length is about 10″. The blade length is perfect for cutting the small to medium branches of about 5-6″ in diameter.
To provide faster cutting, it comes with two features. One feature is the number of teeth per inch. Amazingly this tree trimming handsaw has about six teeth per inch. Curved style blade is the second feature. Both these features collectively make the saw smoother and faster than other saws.
Above all, its design is ergonomic. The ergonomic size indicates that it’s easy to handle even the best saw for cutting firewood. You can comfortably hold it if you need to do some strenuous work. Moreover, if you planned not to use the blade for some time, it’s better to latch it. And you can do it easily and save yourself from the injury risks.
Impulse hardening technology is what makes this blade durable. So, you don’t have to buy the blades for each season. You can use it season after season.
- The bladed is 3 sided to provide you with an efficient cutting experience.
- Blade length is perfect for cutting medium to large trees. Thus it offers you a diverse cutting experience.
- The six teeth per inch with curved blade shape offer you the fastest cutting experience.
- Impulse hardening technology gives you a handsaw that is durable.
2. Felco Folding Saw (F 600) – best folding Classic Tree Pruning Saw
Among various folding pruning saws,FlecoFoldin saw is the name of quality. It’s has a premium quality steel construction. Moreover, it has rust-resistant chrome blades. Thus it’s highly durable and provides you with clean and sharp cuts. The impulse heated blade teeth also add to its durability. Besides, this corrosion-free blade keeps you away from the hassle of cleaning it.
Another feature that makes it pro is the conical blade of this folding pruning saw. This conical blade and teeth design offers high-performance cutting for large branches. Actually, both don’t allow the sap buildup and clogging while cutting branches with large diameters.
Best of all, you would find this pruning saw easy to use. The reason is its comfortable and non-slippery handle. Moreover, if you want to use it on any camping tour, you can. Its foldable design allows you to carry it with you in your pocket.
You would be impressed with its unique blade design. Its blades are thicker on the bottom and thinner on the top. This design is perfect if you want to stay away from the binding and clogging.
- Premium quality steel makes it rust-free and durable.
- The conical blade doesn’t allow the sap-build up. As a result, you would get a high-performance hand saw.
- The non-slippery handle ensures your safety while working.
- The foldable design enablesyou to carry it wherever you want.
3.TABOR TOOLS – best compact Folding pruning Saw
Tabor tools folding is another popular handsaw for cutting tree branches or pruning trees. You can use it for diverse purposes. No matter either you need it for trail maintenance during hiking or to trim trees, it’s best. You can keep it in your car. Even you can fold it and keep it in your pocket.
The blade design for this handsaw is curved. This curved design help the handsaw to stay on track. Thus, you can cut the logs efficiently without the fear of distraction. You can use this powerful handsaw for cutting branches having 4″ diameter. Therefore, it’s a perfect saw for pruning pines and oaks trees.
When it comes to its handle, you would feel a firm grip. The reason is the non-slip material of the handle. Above all, the size of the handle is standard. No matters what’s the size of your hand, you can grip it easily.
A lock system in the Tabor tools cutting saw makes it unique. You will find no difficulty in opening and closing it because of its lock system. Moreover, this lock system also ensures your safety.
- A lock system makes it easy to use.
- Non-slip handle material allows you to hold it easily.
- The curved blade design allows the saw to stay on track. Thus, you’ll get a clean cut.
- The foldable design enables you to use it for diverse purposes.
4. Fiskars 390470-1002 – best Soft Grip Folding pruning Saw
Fiskars offers you a handsaw that is a perfect combination of comfort and cutting power. It has no alternative while cutting the thick branches. You would find it sharp as well as clean to cut. The reason is its razor-sharp blade.
You can lock this power tooth saw in two different positions. So, whether you’re thinking of using it for undercuts or overhand cuts, it’s a perfect choice. Don’t worry; you would never lose cutting efficiency with it. It’s designed to provide you maximum cutting efficiency while offering you a firm grip.
With its comfortable handle, you would have no issue in handling it. So, get ready to complete any aggressive task without fear of handsaw slip from your hand. Soft-grip touchpoints are the reason behind such an exceptional grip.
In the end, its blades are fully hardened. Moreover, precision-ground steel is behind its construction. Both these construction qualities make it durable and sharp. Besides, the ability to not to stray is also due to these exceptional features.
- The ability to lock in two different positions makes it diverse to use.
- Razor-sharp blades offer a smooth cut.
- A comfortable handle allows doing aggressive tasks with no difficulty.
- Fully-hardened blades are durable. That’s why you can use it for a long time without fear of sharpness loss.
5. ARS – best Pruning Folding Turbocut Saw
The ARS pruning folding saw has all the features of the best folding hand saw. Either sharpness or ease to use, you would find it perfect.
First of all, it has a 5-3/4″ blade with honed teeth. Its blade is taper ground to offer you exclusive sharpness. Moreover, this blade is perfect for having clean and smooth cuts. The reason is its chrome-plated material. This material makes it not only sharp but also durable and rust-resistant. Isn’t it amazing to have a rust-resistant hand saw?
You would love its easy-to-fold feature. You would find a sturdy lock on opening it. This lock is another addition that makes it easy to fold. So, it eliminates every danger of cutting while you use it.
- Honed teeth offer you to trim trees efficiently.
- Taper ground blade allows you to do cutting activities with extra sharpness.
- Chrom-plated steel material makes the blade rust-resistant. So, it’s easy for you to maintain it.
- A sturdy lock allows you to use it without any danger.
6. OLMSTED FORGE – best Hand Saw with 7″ Folding Blade
Looking for a versatile handsaw to do your different outdoor activities? If so, Olmsted forge hand saw is the right pick for you. You can use it for camping, survival, hunting, and farming. Thanks to its premium quality steel blade material, you can finish all cutting activities efficiently.
Above all, the blade is 7″ with grinding saw teeth. The serrated blade is rust-proof. And teeth provide you with a sharp and clean cut.
You can fold it easily when you don’t want to use it. It folds into a compact shape to store it anywhere you want. Moreover, a safety lock system is a feature that makes it shine. While cutting, it never gets enclosed, ensuring your safety. It means you can do cutting with complete focus.
When it comes to grip, you will get a non-slip handle. You can hold it easily, whatever the size of your hand. With its lightweight design, it’s perfect for extended use.
- A high carbon steel razor with triple teeth provides you with an efficient cutting experience.
- A lock system ensures your safety during cutting.
- A cork handle allows you to hold the hand saw strongly.
- Long-lasting trihedral grinding teeth will enable you to trim small tree branches.
7. Silky GomBoy Professional Folding Saw
The Japanese cutting technology makes Silky Gomboy the best Japanese pruning saw. Its teeth are precisely ground and impulse-hardened.It allows the teeth to stay sharp for at least three times longer.
Moreover, 8.5 TPI indicates that you’ll get a clean and smooth cut. Its aggressive teeth enable you to cut both dry and greenwood. You can use it both as a crosscut and trim saw.
It has a rubber padded handle to have a firm grip on the handsaw for efficient cutting. So, it’s ergonomic, which may be difficult to find in the same size folding pruning saw.
Amazingly, it comes with a plastic carrying case. After folding the handsaw effectively, you can store it in this plastic case. Above all, you’ll get a lifetime warranty with this handsaw. It will allow you to exchange the handsaw if you feel any issue in its functioning.
- Japanese cutting technology offers you a fast cutting experience.
- 8.5 TPI means you’ll get a clean and smooth cut.
- Aggressive teeth enable you to use this handsaw for diverse cutting.
- The plastic case allows you to store the pruning saw after folding.
8. Silky ZUBAT Professional Curved Hand Saw
Silky Zubat is another Japanese folding saw that’s a perfect combination of performance and durability. It comes in 4 different blade lengths ranging from 240-330mm. So, it’s an ideal choice for diverse applications ranging from pruning to cutting.
This Japanese cutting saw has full tang blades, providing more excellent stability. Above all, you can replace these blades if the blades become blurry. Moreover, there will be no risk of breakage as the blade’s interface and handle are secure.
The high-grade steel blade makes it strong. The blade is about 1.5mm thick to enhance the durability further. Further, the handle is strong enough because it has washers and metal screws.
When it comes to holding it, you’ll feel an enhanced grip. The comfortable handle will absorb every vibration. Thus you’ll not feel fatigued even after the strenuous work.
- A range of blade lengths allows you to perform diverse activities.
- Full tang blades provide you stability during cutting.
- High-grade Japanese steel will offer you a durable folding handsaw.
- Comfortable rubber handle to provide you with vibration-free handling.
9. Silky Professional BIGBOY 2000 Folding Saw Large Teeth
Want to prune a thick and large branch of a tree? Well, this Silky professional Bigboy comes with a 14-1/5″ blade to offer you reach to thick branches. You can prune and cut dry, wet, and hardwood using this tree trimming hand saw.
The blade teeth are sharp enough to provide you with a smooth cut. Moreover, the TPI for the Bigboy is 6. These number of teeth are enough for a sharp and balanced cut. Above all, the blades are hard and chrome plated. These hard blades are known not only for performance but also for durability.
You would find no issue in handling this super comfortable handsaw. Actually, its handle is two-sided and rubberized, which is the reason for its strong grip.
- A lightweight and rubberized handle provides you a secure grip.
- Silky’s MIRAI-ME tooth technology allows this handsaw to cut faster.
- A sheath allows the safe storage of the BIGBOY folding saws.
- Razor-shaped teeth provide cutting action in four different angles. Thus you can perform all the cutting actions effectively.
10. Spear & Jackson – best 12inch Large Folding Pruning Saw,
The Spear and Jackson offer you an award-winning folding pruning saw. It can the thicker green branches having upto the 90mm diameter. Moreover, the 7ppi ground teeth provide you with a clean and smooth cutting experience.
Its SK5 steel blade makes it shine among other tree trimming handsaws. First of all, the blade is rust-resistant because it’s chrome plated. Moreover, the blade is also foldable into the handle. Thus, it enables you to store and carry the handsaw without any danger.
The second feature that makes this hand saw safe to use is its lock system. With its lock system, you can lock it both in the open and close position. So, you don’t have to worry about any injury while cutting the trees.
Thanks to its comfortable handle, you can have a strong grip on it during pruning. Basically, this handle has a non-slip material and thumb pad for a firm grip.
- Rust-resistantchrome-plated blade makes it easy for you to maintain it.
- Foldables blades make it easy to store and carry.
- The lock system locks the blades, keeping you away from any danger.
- The thumb pad enables you to have a strong grip on the handle.
Best Folding Pruning Saw buying guide
Having the best folding pruning saw demands research. To make this process easier for you, we have enlisted some features that you must consider while buying the best tree pruning saw.
While searching for folding pruning saw, you will come across handsaws with different types of blades. First of all, you need to consider the type of blade, either it’s straight or curved. If you want to prun small branches, pick the one with a curved blade. On the other hand, a handsaw with straight blades will be best for pruning thick branches.
The second thing that you should consider about blades is teeth per inch. More the teeth in per inch of blade, sharper will be the blade.
The last thing that your pruning hand saw must have is blade material. Always choose a blade that is made up of a material that is rust-resistant and durable
An uncomfortable handle will never allow you to work for a longer time. You’ll get fatigued, and your hands will swell. To avoid this issue, make sure the handle of the handsaw is comfortable. A comfort handle fits your hand size and comes in rubberized material.
Make sure the tree trimming hand saw that you’re buying is user-friendly. For user-friendliness, folding pruning saw should have:
- A lock system
- Foldable design
How thick of a branch can a pole saw cut?
Generally speaking, you should use a pole saw to cut branches with 7-9 inches diameter. However, the size of the branch that you can cut depends on the size of the head. The larger the size of the head, thicker the branches can be cut with a pole saw.
However, if you need to perform some heavy-duty task, you should choose a gas-powered pole saw. They are best to perform aggressive takes, making it the best choice of professionals.
On the other hand, a cordless pole saw is not much powerful.It’s perfect for cutting the tiny tree junks in your backyard.
What does it mean by pruning saw?
A pruning saw is similar to saws which we use for wood cutting. However, the difference is that the pruning saws aim at trimming trees and shrubs. These saws come with sharp teeth to do their task effectively.
You can find a variety of pruning saws in the market. But the durable and hard-heated teeth are common to all.
When it comes to their use, you can use it for a variety of purposes. You can use it to trim smaller tree branches and larger shrubs. If the tree branches are thick than 1.5″, a pruning saw is an excellent option.
How should I care for my pruning saw?
To maintain the sharpness of the pruning saw, it’s essential to clean it regularly. Here’re some tips to keep your pruning saw maintained.
- Remove the dirt or sap using a wire brush or wool.
- Use soapy water to wash the saw.
- Dry the saw.
- Hold the tool firmly to sharpen the saw.
- Use a sharpener over the blade edges to sharp it.
- Lubricate the saw after each use with paste wax or gun oil.
How can you keep a saw blade from rusting?
Rusting affects the sharpness of the blade. Moreover, it can also shorten the life of your hand saw. That’s why it’s essential to avoid rusting invasion on the handsaw blade. Following tips can help prevent blade rusting:
- Keep the saw in a dry place after use. You can store it in a toolbox or the case that comes with it.
- Lubricate the blade after each use. You can use paste wax or gun oil for lubrication. Don’t forget to wipe both lubricators after few minutes of stay.
- If the rust invades the blade, clean it with a razor blade. You can also use 320-grit sandpaper or medium steel tool for scrubbing the rust.
How should you use a tree pruning saw?
Follow the following steps to prune your tree effectively with folding pruning saw:
- First of all, observe all the nearby trees to find the one that needs maintenance.
- Secondly, you should decide the direction that would be comfortable for pruning that tree.
- Now cut all the thick and long branches first to minimize the weight.
- Choose a groove to trim the tree branches. Otherwise, your pruning hand saw may slip.
- Move the hand saw back and forth while working in the selected groove.
- In the last, shave the rough wood at the bottom. You can do so by pressing the blade against the pruning wood.
You might find it challenging to choose the best folding pruning saw out of these ten saws. All the saws in this pruning saw reviews are best in their way. You will get the perfect combination of durability and performance in all of them. However, if you know what you need to do, you can easily choose one. So, set your goals, choose a folding pruning saw according to your goals, and get ready to make your garden aesthetic.
if you wanna cut tree brunches you will need a saw that will help you for cutting tree branches. but before you you buy you must have to know about the product, please read our article to get more information on the cordless saw for cutting tree branches
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.