This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
If you are getting older and feeling little difficulty in mobility while using the toilet, then you need the best chair height toilet in your bathroom.
While getting older, you face a different phase of life. There is a lot of fun, relaxation and also some difficulties also. One of them is mobility issues. This situation becomes worse while using a traditional toilet. So in this situation, the best gadget that can serve you is the best chair height toilet.
A comfort height toilet is best to get on and off on it. They make it easy to use the bathroom. However, there are many chair height toilets; there are standard height and adjustable height toilets. To avoid this confusion, we are here to help. We choose some of the best-rated chair height toilets here. All these products are best rated and highly recommended. Please have a look at our best recommendations.
8 best chair height toilet recommended by toilet expert
- Kohler K-3999-0 Comfort height two piece toilet-best two-piece comfort height toilet
- Toto Nexus One piece elongated chair height toilet-Best one piece toilet
- Kohler K-3979-RA-0 Highline comfort height toilet-best beans chair height toilet
- TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake toilet with elongated bowl-best elongated bowl toilet
- American Standard 288DA114.020 Toilet-best water efficient toilet
- American Standard 2548A100.020 Studio toilet -best durable toilet
- Swiss Madison SM-1T112 Ivy One piece toilet-best overall toilet
- Kohler K-3819-7 Memoirs Stately Power flush toilet-best overall power flush toilet
Table of Contents
What is the difference between standard height and chair height toilet?
A standard height toilet is about 15 inches from floor to seat, and a chair height toilet is about 17 to 19 inches from the bottom to the seat. The best toilet height depends on you and your family’s height. Let us explain more about standard height and chair height toilets.
Standard Height Toilet:
The toilet height is from the floor, and the standard toilet height is 15 inches from the floor, which is 2 or 3 inches shorter than the chair height toilet. The standard height toilet is perfect and popular for shorter people, such as children, adults, and normal-sized people. These toilets are primarily used in older bathrooms.
Now you can also change the height of a standard toilet through a toilet riser. If you have a standard toilet and want to change its height, buy a riser. That will add several inches to your toilet height and boost the height like a chair height toilet without changing the whole toilet and investing hundreds of dollars.
- Perfect and comfortable for children and shorter people.
- You can change their height by adding a toilet riser.
- It will make standing and sitting easier.
- Less comfortable for tall and disabled peoples.
Chair height toilet:
The chair toilet height is 17 to 19 inches which is 2 or 3 inches longer than standard height toilets. These toilets are popular with tall people, which gives more comfort to tall women and men. While in standard height toilets, a tall person may struggle to sit down and stand up, so the extra 3 inches will give more comfort.
The chair height toilets are for comfort purposes. The chair height toilet is a famous name that every brand is using. They are well known from several names such as comfort height, universal height, and suitable height toilets.
- Perfect and comfortable for tall and disabled people.
- The short height toilet makes the easy movement to the bowl.
- Similar in price to regular toilets.
- Less comfortable for children and shorter people.
Quick Comparison of Standard Height toilet VS Chair Height toilet
|Standard Height Toilet||Chair Height Toilet|
|Height between 15 to 16 inches with the seat||Height between 17 to 19 inches with the seat|
|Similar Price||Similar Price|
|Perfect for children and short height people||Perfect for disabled and taller people|
|Easy movement of the bowl||ADA Complaint|
|Less comfortable for disabled and Tall people||Less comfortable for children and short people|
8 best chair height toilet review
Let’s have a look at 8 best chair height toilet reviews and buying guides that are recommended by our toilet expert
1.Kohler K-3999-0 – best Comfort height two-piece toilet for mobility issue.
The Kohler K-3999-0 is the first and best item on the list. The toilet has a two-piece construction and a sleek appearance. It provides an excellent chair height toilet for elderly individuals, which makes sitting and standing quite simple and pleasant.
During every flush, it uses only 1.28-gallons of water, providing you with cleanliness at less water cost.
The installation is pretty simple as it comes with three bolts installation system. So you are not going to have a hard time installing it.
The Bowl has an elongated design which gives it a nice look and provides you with large seating.
The single handle is on the left side. And the flushing system is class-5 rated so that it will clean a large amount of waste.
- The height of the toilet is just fine. It’s not very low, so it prevents you from putting pressure onto your knees.
- The water-saving systems save water every time you flush using just 1.28-gallons.
- The Flushing system is robust, giving you a nice clean bowl.
- The design is simple but good-looking.
- Installation is not very complicated, saving you time and money.
- An excellent 17-inch height.
- Water-saving system.
- Powerful flushing
- The seat is not in with the toilet.
2.Toto Nexus One-piece elongated chair height toilet
If you want anything modern looking with great functionality, this Toto Nexus chair height toilet is for you.
The unit comes in a single piece, ensuring that you stay away from leakages and other kinds of problems that come with the two-piece system.
The unit’s height is 19-inches, ensuring that you don’t get uncomfortable while sitting or standing. Economical flushing makes sure that you save water on each flush. Every time you flush, it uses about 1.28-gallons of water. Simple design makes cleaning easy and comfortable. The Tornado flushing system is powerful enough to prevent any clogging.
- A good chair-height seat makes it ideal for those with a knee problem and comfortable for everyone else.
- The flush system uses 1.28-gallons of water which is about 15-percent less than average water usage per flush.
- A tornado flushing system for cleaning the Bowl helps keep the dirt away.
- The installation system is pretty seamless.
- Cotton color in the modern, sleek-looking design gives it a stylish look.
- Clean and fancy design.
- Nice height.
- Tornado flushing system.
- The design won’t fit everywhere.
3.Kohler K-3979-RA-0 Highline comfort height toilet.
The Kohler K-3979-RA-0 is our second choice from the Kohler best brand. It comes with an elongated bowl design. This design makes sitting comfortable, and it is a chair-height toilet. The material it uses is china, so it looks pretty clean and soft.
This thing weighs about 93-pounds and is mountable to the floor via three bolts. So installation is going to be relatively easy.
Height-wise, it’s about the same as a standard chair, So tall people are not going to have any problem while sitting on it or standing from it.
The flushing system used in it is best in the business. It is class five rated, which confirms that it is not going to let any clogging happen. Every flush uses about 1.6-gallons of water to clean the dirt.
- Elongated bowl design makes this toilet look more elegant and provides comfort at the same time.
- The gravity-based flushing system is significantly less noisy than the pressure-assisted one.
- Installation is easy as it uses only three bolts to install it on the floor.
- 12-inch rough-in.
- The flushing system is top-notch and makes sure that you don’t have to get your hands dirty to clean the toilet.
- The tank is well-sized and shoots about 1.6-gallons of water every time you flush.
- Elegant design
- Good flushing system
- Easy installation
- No very water-efficient
4.TOTO CST744SL#01 Drake toilet with elongated bowl
This chair-height toilet model from Toto comes in a beautiful elongated best design and a clean-looking cotton color. The flushing lever is covered in chrome, giving it a premium look. The material used in the toilet is vitreous china which provides it a smooth finish and is easier to clean.
The G-Max flushing provides thorough cleaning of the Bowl. The flushing system it uses has a 125% bigger valve than a standard flush valve. The unit comes in a two-piece design and has an excellent height for comfortable use
Every time you press the flush handle, it uses 1.6-gallons of water from the tank to clean the bowl completely. The unit is strongly built and is suitable to use in any residential and commercial area.
- It has an elongated design to provide comfort and stylishness at the same time.
- The unit has an excellent height and is easy to use.
- The most promising thing about this Toto model is its flushing system. The G-Max flushing provides a great siphoning action that pulls in the water quickly and pushes it out with tremendous pressure.
- The 125% bigger flush valve lets more water in and cleans the waste.
- The chrome on the handle gives a cleaner look.
- Great flushing
- Stylish design
- Nice height
- Installation takes a bit of effort.
5.American Standard 288DA114.020 Toilet.
If you are looking to buy a comfortable height toilet that also happens to be water efficient and can also provide excellent cleaning, you must consider this American Standard 288DA114.020 chair height Toilet.
It is made up of excellent material like vitreous china. This unit comes in a two-piece design. It has a smooth finish and is easy to clean.
When I said water-efficient, I meant it. The American Standard 288DA114.020 toilet roughly uses 1.1-gallons of water, far less than standard, and water sense certified.
The flushing system uses siphon jet technology. This flushing system creates a strong vacuum in the outlet, which pulls the solid waste more forcefully while using less water than the traditional flushing system.
The height of the toilet is pretty okay, so you will not have any problems regarding height.
- It is highly efficient and uses about 1.1-gallons per flush, which is about 20% more efficient than other efficient toilets.
- Siphon jet technology enables the unit to save water while keeping cleanliness a priority.
- The round shape at the front allows it to fit in the smaller spaces more efficiently.
- It has a high-quality build material to ensure strength and stability.
- it Comes with h two-bolt caps for covering the bolts so that the unit looks cleaner
- Highly water efficient
- Water sense certified
- Great flushing system
- The seat needs to buy separately.
6. American Standard 2548A100.020 Studio toilet
If you want anything so seamless and so sleek that fits with the wall and feels like it just belongs here. This one-piece American Standard height toilet is just perfect for you. With a fashionable design and a smooth finish, it brings total luxury to your bathroom.
This toilet comes with a flat design and a tank that is not higher than the Bowl. So it uses a Powerflo flushing system that interestingly does not use any electricity and connects with your standard water supply.
The waterway flows through the clean curve rim, making sure that there are no safe havens for the dirt.
The lid is easy to lift off and slow to close, so it’s not going to smash onto the Bowl every time you drop it. The toilet is of just about perfect height and comfortable to use.
- The luxurious design makes it look like a personal jet item.
- The flushing system is not gravity-based, so it uses a mere 1-gallon per flush.
- The smooth design is easy to clean, and the two-waterway system makes sure that the dirt does not stick to the toilet in the first place.
- The back of the toilet is perfectly flat and fits with the wall perfectly.
- The lid drops smoothly on the Bowl.
- Luxurious design
- Comfortable height
7. Swiss Madison SM-1T112 Ivy One piece toilet
Swiss Madison SM-T112 Ivy has a bold-looking design and a chair height that makes a statement for itself. The build material of the toilet is Ceramic which provides it a good finish. The design is pretty simple, and it does not have many curves for the debris to hide. That makes cleaning the toilet simple.
The Swiss Madison SM-1T112 Ivy comes with a dual flush system to ensure that no waste remains after the flush. The dual flushing system provides excellent performance.
They have made the flushing system so efficient that it uses about .8-1.28-gallons of water for a single flush.
As the toilet is about the height of a chair, it is comfortable for all people. To make sitting comfortable, the SM-1T112 Ivy has an elongated shape.
- Elongated shape to provide you the ease of usage.
- The dual tornado flushing system offers you a choice to choose between super-efficient and efficient water usage.
- The height of the toilet reassures that you don’t have any pains in the knees while sitting.
- Simplest and cleanest of the design for easy cleaning.
- Elegant design
- Powerful flushing
- Chair height
- Hard to install
8. Kohler K-3819-7 MemoirsÂ Stately Power flush toilet
All of the products listed above have different qualities and different finishes. They have other flushing systems, but they all have something in common: the color. They are either white or close to white, but this toilet Kohler K-3819-7 MemoirsA stately comes in perfect black color.
Design-wise it has an elongated shape which increases size and comfort.
The flushing system from Kohler is always great, and this one is no exception. It has a gravity-based flushing system that uses the tank’s precision to create a siphonic solid effect that pulls the debris and cleans the Bowl completely.
Water usage is pretty efficient, which only uses about 1.28-gallons per flush. The flushing lever is also included with the unit.
- Elongated bowl design makes it comfortable to use.
- Chair height means old age people can use it with comfort.
- The unique flushing system makes it a standout in the competition.
- Water usage is reasonable, about 1.28-gallons.
- Elegant design
- Great flushing
- Good height
- Black color might not be for everyone.
Which height is best for the toilet?
In this question, the main thing that matters is who will use the toilet if the house people are taller than go for a chair height toilet. Or if your family member’s height is average or smaller, then choose a standard height toilet.
If your house has a mixture of people, some are smaller, and some are taller, and you have two bathrooms, then in one bathroom choose then the standard height toilet and in other go for a chair height toilet.
Best chair height toilet buying guide:
Here we will guide you about perfect height toilets and how to choose the best chair height toilet for your modern bathrooms. Many people go for the expensive toilet, but remember that the hefty price toilet doesn’t guarantee to perform better work. Let us explain the essential factor to see before choosing the best chair height toilet.
Types of toilets:
In types, we say that one is a one-piece toilet and the other is a two-piece toilet.
The one-piece toilet is not quieter as compared to a two-piece toilet. It is generally costly, and the toilet is easy in cleaning.
While the two-piece toilet has a separate bowl and tank, which is attached during installation. Two-piece toilets are very popular with homeowners because they are less expensive and quieter than one-piece toilets.
The flushing option is an essential factor to see before selecting the toilet because flushing depends on toilet cleaning. Different types of flushing are necessary for you to know.
Gravity flushing toilet
In traditional bathrooms, we see gravity flushing toilets. This is one of the standard flushing toilets which uses gravity. The water from the tank falls on the waste in a bowl to clean the debris for easy flushing through gravity.
This system uses a lot of water and performs quitter work compared to other flush options. Everyone should be familiar with this gravity flushing system. But the gravity flushing system is slower than others, which may not be able to clean the bowl perfectly.
Pressure assisted toilet
These flushing systems are familiar to the gravity flushing system. If you want a flushing system like gravity but to work a bit faster, go for a pressure-assist toilet. These flush used in commercial spaces because of their cost. The pressure assist toilets are expensive, and performing clean and faster work also uses less water.
But now, it also operates in homes and is best for larger families. But this system is noisy and the loudest one, if you don’t have any problem with the flushing noise, then this is perfect for you.
Dual flushing toilet
The dual flushing toilet has provided both gravity and pressure-assist toilet systems. These are the best options for water-saving. Through this system, you can save a lot of water without worrying about an extra flush.
Most of the toilets are made of ceramic and porcelain; these both are durable and reliable materials. But make sure that the toilet you are going to buy is a stain-resistant coating of core material, making it easy to clean and maintain.
The standard height of a toilet is 15 inches, but people go for more tall height to make it easy for them to sit down. If you also want an elevated height, then go for a chair height toilet which is 17 inches or more up to 19 inches.
Some people have problems with the physical shape of the toilet. Let’s talk about their bowl shape.
- The elongated bowl is for disabled and older people; these are more convent and have more space. The long bowl shape is more comfortable; if you want a comfortable height, this is the perfect shape.
- Round Bowl is the other shape of the bowl; it is the standard shape and looks more prominent, which takes too much space. The designs are effortless to use, even for children.
Cost and warranty
The two toilet workpieces are fine and don’t go for expensive toilets that offer an extra feature the comfort height toilets sold between 200$ to 5000$. While the high price toilet offers different offers such as built-in light, heated seats, etc., which is not essential, these features will create difficulties in cleaning. You can find a better durable toilet for under 700$ with water-saving features.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Q. What are the ADA regulations for comfort height toilets?
The toilet from the floor seat height must be between 17 to 18 inches. For children, the height of a bowl must be between 11 to 15 inches from the floor. Must have enough space created between the wall of the toilet to easily the user of wheelchair transitioning. At the same time, the area must be 45 inches between the toilet walls.
Q. How can I install a comfort height toilet?
For this purpose, you need a plumber who has to remove the old toilet and install the new comfort height toilet. First of all, you need all the right tools and then consider the toilet is one piece or two pieces. You will then see the instruction note, which will be provided with the toilet and guide you step by step.
But still, we will recommend a professional plumber because sometimes people find difficulties in the installation, so if the plumber has the experience, they will do it quickly.
Q. Is a chair height toilet taller than standard?
Yes, the chair heights are 2 or 3 inches taller than standard height toilets. The chair height toilet has 17 to 19 inches height from the floor, while the standard height toilet has 15 inches height.
Q. What are one-piece and two-piece toilets?
The two toilet tank and bowl pieces come separately, while the one-piece toilet comes with an attached bowl and tank. The one-piece toilet is a unique design, while the two-piece toilet is common, which is used everywhere.
While the installation of both methods regarding difficult, the two-piece installation is easy to move and maneuver, but they need to be bolted together. And the one-piece is hard to move but doesn’t require assembling.
The best chair height toilets are a lifesaver for people with joint pain. They provide great relief to people who have problems with stretching joints. The toilets’ size is more prominent than traditional toilets, and they help in standing and sitting positions.
Here we have compiled a list of the 8 best chair height toilets. We will recommend you to choose from our recommended chair height toilets, and make your life easier.
if you love camping and searching for a Camping toilet, read our ultimate review and buying guide “Camping composting toilet“
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.