This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
Schlage lock is one of the best made today, Schlage was invented by Walter Schlage and Robert Brewer in the 1920s. The manufacturer offers many styles of residential and commercial door locks, Deadbolts (including electronic keypad deadbolts), doorknob styles, and even a few rim and mortise cylinder styles.
Schlage lock not working after the battery change? It is natural to worry about such issues. Schlage is a very well-known name in the home automation industry and the brand heft that comes with its name suggests that nothing like this will happen.
However, using the latest technology of wireless keypad door locks and placing them at different locations can lead to such issues. There are multiple reasons why your Schlage deadbolt isn’t working properly but never lose hope because there are also multiple solutions available if Schlage locks not working after the battery change.
Table of Contents
Why is my Schlage lock not working?
Once you have selected the correct batteries for your lock, reinstall them according to the user manual. For Schlage keypad lock battery change open up the battery compartment on the inside of the lock and replace them there. If you have a smart lock with a keypad, insert fresh batteries into each component separately:
- On the inside (deadbolt) portion of your lock
- On the outside (keypad) portion of your lock
Make sure that each battery is inserted correctly (with the positive (+) side facing up), and is of a similar brand and size to others in that compartment if you are facing Schlage encode keypad not working.
Check the battery connectors
Many things could be wrong with your Schlage lock not working after the battery change, but there is a very common problem with Schlage locks that are often overlooked. The batteries in the Schlage keypad lock battery charge can last up to 5 years, and when they do die, it’s important to know what to do.
First, turn off the power to the lock. You can do this by turning off the circuit breaker that powers it. Then, remove the four screws holding the lock in place on the door frame with a Phillips head screwdriver.
Next, pull out the battery compartment and remove any old batteries from the compartment. Once you’ve done this, you’ll want to check the battery connectors for any corrosion and clean them if necessary. This will ensure that the current can flow and your lock starts working again.
Steps to check the Schlage lock battery connector:
- Open up the deadbolt to access the batteries.
- Remove the batteries from the battery compartment.
- Inspect both ends of each battery for corrosion or rust buildup.
- Clean off any rust or corrosion on the ends of each battery with a cotton swab soaked in white vinegar.
- Put all batteries back in the compartment as best you can.
- Then put all of your weight on top of them and close it up.
Power locks not working after battery change
The Schlage electronic door lock is a battery-powered door lock that runs on two 3-volt lithium batteries. The lock features an electronic keypad that allows you to punch in your code to unlock the door. Schlage locks have a default access code that allows you to enter the administrative model of the lock, allowing you to reprogram it for a new access code.
If your Schlage lock has been installed for a while, and Power locks not working after a battery change, you may need to change the batteries before continuing. A low battery will prevent the resetting process from happening.
After the above said steps your Schlage lock should start working. If the problem is still there you should call a professional for help.
Learn how to change the battery on your keypad door lock
Schlage keypad lock battery change is necessary when these are running low, the light on the keypad will start to flash red. The lock may also beep every minute or so. This is a sign that it’s time to replace the batteries.
Let’s walk you through how to change the battery on your keypad door lock
- Open your door and find the battery cover on the interior side of your lock. It looks like a small rectangular panel with a screw in each corner. You can remove the screws using a flathead or Phillips’s screwdriver, depending on which is used for your battery cover. Pull off the battery cover and set it aside.
- Remove the existing batteries and insert four new AA batteries into your lock. Make sure they are aligned correctly with their positive (+) and negative (-) ends facing in opposite directions. Replace the battery cover and re-insert each screw, then close your door so that it is locked shut. This automatically resets your Schlage lock and connects it to your Wi-Fi network so it can receive power from your router.
Schlage encode keypad not working
Schlage encodes keypad not working. What are the reasons for encode keypad not working and how to fix the encode keypad?
If the Schlage lock is not responding to any of your input from the encode keypad, there could be several causes for this. Your device might just need a simple fix or you may need to replace the battery. Or it might be due to some complication with your Wi-Fi router. Or it could be as simple as a dirty sensor or faulty connection. Follow all these points if Schlage encodes keypad not working issue.
Schlage smart lock notification not working
We have heard about Schlage smart lock notification not working with many users. This is quite a common problem which you can easily resolve. In this article, we will talk about the Schlage Lock issues and their solutions.
There can be several reasons for this Schlage smart lock notification not working issue. You must check if your Schlage app is updated or not. Also, see if the Wi-Fi router is working fine or not.
If Schlage smart lock notification not working then follow the below-mentioned steps:
First of all, open the Schlage Home App on your device and click on the Notifications option to ensure that your app is properly configured or not. Then go to Settings and click on the Notification option to check if there are any notifications related to Schlage Connect Smart Lock
- Then go to the “Add Device” section and select the “Smart Locks” option to add a new device.
- Now select the particular lock that you want to add.
- After that, touch on the “Actions” option and then tap on “Notifications.
If your Schlage lock was performing best before battery change and Schlage lock not working after battery change then, of course, it is Schlage keypad lock battery change issue and go through how to change the battery on your keypad door lock to check if you did everything accordingly. Above mentioned tips will help you in fixing the issue.
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.