This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
Before talking about Dixon zero turn mower problems have a short insight on introduction. Dixon has a great history of manufacturing durable zero-turn mowers with simple designs. Dixon prevailed on the assembly line in 1974. dixon zero turn mower is an innovative organization. this is a very popular and increasing company in the world.
This is an organization that makes a lot of home appliances and garden tools. But some Dixon zero turn mower problems happened that cause irritation while using it. A lot of people are facing Dixon zero turn mower problems. But they do not know the reason behind this problem.
Do you have a Dixon zero turn mower and facing any problem? If yes, then this article is going to help you. Dixon zero turn mower problems are the same as other brands of the mower with a few minor differences. the only reason they do not run or move is due to not being operated correctly by you.
Usually, Dixon zero turn mower problems are:
- Dixon zero turn mower won’t start
- Dixon zero turn mower won’t move
- Dixon mower hydraulic problems
- Dixon zero turn hydrostatic transmission problems
- Dixon zero turn steering problems
- Dixon mower electrical problems
Table of Contents
Dixon zero turn mower parts:
Several components and pieces make up the incredible Dixon zero turn mower. In Dixon zero turn mower parts there is a drive belt that connects to the diesel motor. The engine is large and pumps out a lot of power that making it possible for the DIXON zero turn mower to move large amounts of material. Dixon zero turn mower parts are fantastic like its body is on steel.
The deck where you place feet has holes that provide grip. It has a cloth seat instead of a vinyl seat. The small deck has two blades, for adjusting the deck there is a foot pedal. The engine has oil filters. Now we briefly discuss the Dixon zero turn mower problems.
Dixon zero turn mower won’t start
After some months of usage, you may panic because the Dixon zero turn mower won’t start. The approximate reasons behind this can be
- Carbon causing wear on engine
- Debris in carburetor
- Fuel leftover in the fuel filter
- Defects in the ignition coil
Due to all these reasons, your Dixon zero turn mower won’t start.
Dixon zero turn mower won’t move
Dixon zero turn mower won’t move if the drive belt is not positioned correctly or fall off. The idler spring may be missing on the drive belt. A bad tensioner pulley may stop its movement when it is not greased. The axle key is not present in every mower but if yours have and is not replaced, your Dixon zero turn mower won’t move. This may be due to Dixon mower hydraulic problems.
Dixon mower hydraulic problems
Dixon mower hydraulic problems are because of running it with old or low hydraulic oil. If you do not change hydraulic oil after recommended intervals then Dixon zero turn mower won’t move. This is because the oil is not able to lubricate the hydraulic system leading to an increase in friction and heating problems.
Dixon zero turn hydrostatic transmission problems
For a better experience, a mower has a hydrostatic transmission. If you do not maintain the system frequently you suffer Dixon zero turn hydrostatic transmission problems. The main problem is an air leak in the hydro transmission system. It can ruin the system by sudden jam. Dixon zero turn hydrostatic transmission problems cannot be solved by any shortcut so you have to routinely maintain it.
Dixon zero turn steering problems
There are various reasons why you may Dixon zero turn steering problems from time to time. You can choose to solve these problems yourself or hire a qualified Dixon zero turn mower repair service provider.
- One of the most common problems with this mower is steering issues. The mowers have two sticks to control each rear wheel. If one of these sticks doesn’t move, it means you are stuck on one side or the other.
- The other Dixon zero turn steering problem is that the wheels are misaligned and need to be adjusted.
- Another problem could be that the wheels aren’t turning at all or they are turning slowly because they aren’t getting enough power from the motor. If this is the case, then you will want to check the belt and make sure it isn’t worn out or broken.
- A third possible problem is that there isn’t enough fluid in your transmission or your transmission may be wearing down due to normal wear and tear over time.
- Dixon zero turn steering problems may be due to a sagging chain. Replace the chain with a new one if there is any problem with it. Also, check the nut on the adjustment bolt to increase the steering performance. You can increase the steering level travel by moving the bolt in the anticlockwise direction. To lower the steering level travel adjust it in the clockwise direction.
Dixon mower electrical problems
To resolve the Dixon mower electrical problems first, you should ensure that the battery has enough charge. If there is no charge in the battery, it can cause electrical problems. You should also check all the electrical connections to ensure they are connected properly.
Checking the Fuses
There are two fuses located in the Dixon zero turn mower that can cause the mower to stop working if they blow. The first fuse is located on the circuit board under the seat and is labeled Battery. Unplug the battery from its bracket, remove it and test it with a multimeter. If it is below 12 volts, replace it with a new one. If it is above 12 volts, check for blown fuses on the circuit board and replace any that are blown.
The second fuse is located on top of the engine block near the battery. Remove it and test it with a multimeter to ensure that it has not blown. If it has blown or has less than 1 amp of current running through it, replace it with a new one.
Checking for Faulty Switches
The Dixon zero turn mower has several switches that could cause Dixon mower electrical problems if they become faulty over time. These switches include two safety switches (one located on each handle), an ignition switch (located under the seat), brake switch.
Dixon zero turn mower problems are the common problems that are also present in other mowers. If you follow routine maintenance then you will not suffer these common problems.
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.