This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
Do you have chronic pain and stiffness from fibromyalgia? If so, then you know how important it is to find the best recliner for fibromyalgia.
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain all over your body and can make it difficult to sleep through the night, which means you need a comfortable place to rest. A recliner is an excellent choice because of how easy it makes getting in and out of position (especially if you have joint stiffness). Plus, they are explicitly designed with back support so that sitting upright doesn’t put pressure on your spine as other chairs might. So what are some good ones?
Here we have compiled a list of the 6 best recliners for fibromyalgia. I am pretty sure you will find one suitable for you from our list. So please have a look.
- Christopher Knight Home Mervynn Mid-Century Modern Fabric Recliner-best overall recliner for fibromyalgia
- JC Home Drammen Massaging Leather Recliner-best electric recliner for fibromyalgia
- RESPAWN 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair, Reclining Ergonomic Chair -best recliner chair for fibromyalgia
- GDF Studio Elizabeth Tufted Fabric Recliner-best material recliner for fibromyalgia
- Macedonia Mid Century Modern Tufted Back Fabric Recliner-best durable recliner for fibromyalgia
- VASAGLE Adjustable Recliner Chair with Footrest-best value recliner for fibromyalgia
Table of Contents
best recliner for fibromyalgia comparative chart
|Christopher Modern Fabric Recliner||Color: GreyRecliner type|
|34.25 x 38.7 x 38.7 inches57.3 pounds|
|JC Home Drammen Massaging Leather Recliner||Color: BlackMaterial: Leather5 intensity level9 massage mode||26.7 x 25.2 x 32.5 inches22.5 Pounds|
|RESPAWN 110 Reclining Ergonomic Chair||Col0r: Black and whiteMaterial: Faux Leather4D Adjustability||28.5 x 28 x 51.5 inches24 pounds|
|GDF Studio Elizabeth Tufted Fabric Recliner||Material: TextileColor: Light Beige||34.5 x 269.4 pounds8 x 41.25 inches|
|Macedonia Modern Tufted Recliner||Color: Light Grey TweedMaterial: TextileBack style: Tufted back||34.25 x 27.25 x 38 inches57.3 pounds|
|VASAGLE Adjustable Recliner Chair||Color: BeigeMaterial: Plywood, Metal Frame, Cotton-Line Fabric, Foam, Rubberwood LegsBack type: Tufted back||29.5 x 33.5 x 38.2 inches57.3 pounds|
What is fibromyalgia, and how does it affect the body?
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes widespread pain in the body. It can be challenging to diagnose because there are no specific tests for it, and the symptoms vary from person to person. Here, we’ll go over what fibromyalgia is and how it affects your body!
Symptoms of Fibromyalgia:
The first thing you need to know about fibromyalgia is that its symptoms vary significantly from patient to patient. It makes diagnosis even more challenging since doctors may not consider all possible signs of the disease when examining patients. Some common symptoms include fatigue (extreme tiredness), stiffness, headaches, memory problems/difficulty concentrating, bowel changes or irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), or constipation.
Causes of Fibromyalgia:
There are many possible causes of fibromyalgia, including:
- Brain injury or disease.
- Genetic predisposition (meaning you can inherit the disorder).
- Abnormalities in brain structure and function.
- Disorders of the endocrine system produce abnormal hormones such as serotonin, norepinephrine, dopamine, or cortisol. A tumor may cause these abnormalities on the pituitary gland, hypothalamus, or adrenal glands. It is also evident with these hormonal disorders; people have too much excitability in their nerve cells. It results in pain impulses being sent along unaffected nerve pathways from damaged nerve endings near joints and muscles into spinal cord neurons. This irritation can cause changes in the spinal cord, such as a decreased production of pain-inhibiting substances or increased excitation levels.
- Decreased production of endorphins, which are natural pain relievers produced by the body, reduces discomfort and makes you feel good.
- Abnormalities in neurotransmitters that regulate moods like dopamine, serotonin, and norepinephrine. Depression can also lower your tolerance for physical activity leading to muscle deterioration and more tiredness from overworking muscles.”
- Several studies have found an association between fibromyalgia symptoms and abnormalities in brain structure or function – specifically related to abnormal functioning on the right side (the emotional/limbic area) rather than left side (the rational area).”
Treatments of Fibromyalgia:
Anti-inflammatory drugs such as Celebrex or ibuprofen are often prescribed.” -“Other treatments include cognitive behavioral therapy, which teaches participants how they can change their thoughts about the condition.”
Some practitioners have suggested that exercise may be helpful by increasing blood flow in muscles which could reduce inflammation.” -“Avoiding activities that provoke pain does not mean avoiding all physical activity. Doctors suggest a gradual increase in physical activity over time.”
It is essential to use caution when exercising because patients with fibromyalgia can experience worsening pain after strenuous activity. However, light exercises like walking and stretching are beneficial for musculoskeletal health and reducing symptoms of the disease.”
Maintaining Healthy Lifestyle Habits also helps in the treatment of fibromyalgia.
Types of recliners for people living with fibromyalgia
Recliners are a popular option for people with fibromyalgia. They provide comfort and support, especially if you suffer from chronic pain or anxiety. There are many different types of recliners on the market these days, so it can be hard to choose one that is right for you. Here, we will discuss various recliners and their pros and cons to help you make an informed decision!
The first type of recliner for people living with fibromyalgia is the electric recliner. An electric recliner does not have a power cord and is powered by batteries, plugged into an outlet to recharge when the battery dies down. The lack of cables means you don’t have any worries about getting tangled up in them!
Zero gravity chairs:
The second type of recliner for people with fibromyalgia is the zero gravity chair. Zero gravity chairs are often used as lounge chairs or sunbeds at resorts or spas. Still, they also make great options for people with chronic pain because they allow your whole body to relax while providing upper back support that eases the strain on the shoulder muscles and neck tension.
Zero gravity chairs do not provide adjustable footrests, so if this bothers you, then it may be better advised to go with other options.
The third type of recliner for fibromyalgia patients is the recliner chair. Recliners are the most popular option for people with chronic pain. They allow you to adjust your position quickly and find a more comfortable seating position while providing upper back support that eases the strain on shoulder muscles and neck tension.
Now we will go through an in depth review of each 6 products with their pros and cons. We will make sure our review helps you to find your best suit.
1. Christopher Knight Home Mervynn best recliner for fibromyalgia
Mervyn Mid-Century Modern Fabric Recliner by Christopher Knight Home is the best recliner choice for Fibromyalgia patients. This recliner features a simple, clean design that will blend well with most homes. The reclining mechanism allows you to relax in the comfort of your own home.
This chair has a durable fabric and solid wood frame construction for long-lasting usage. The reclining mechanism is easy to operate when you need it most. Enjoy this piece in your living room or bedroom for added comfort!
With its sleek design, this recliner will make a great addition to any home. The fabric is soft and durable, and it comes in an attractive gray color that fits well with most décor styles. The recliner has a smooth reclining mechanism that allows you to adjust the chair’s angle for maximum comfort. This contemporary recliner will be a welcome addition to your home.
- The Fabric Recliner by Christopher Knight Home is a classic addition to any home.
- It features a smooth finish with clean lines that will add style and elegance to any room.
CLEAN LINES :
- This recliner has padded cushioning for maximum comfort, along with an adjustable headrest and armrests.
- It’s perfect for relaxing after a long day at work or watching your favorite television show.
DURABLE-QUALITY CRAFTSMANSHIP :
- This chair has high-quality, durable materials.
- It’s the perfect recliner if you have fibromyalgia.
- The padded cushion has a high-quality foam that will conform to your body’s unique shape. You’ll never want to get up!
MAXIMUM COMFORT :
- The ultimate comfort provided by this recliner makes it the ideal choice for any home.
- Enjoy watching movies or reading books in complete relaxation.
- It’s sure to be your favorite piece of furniture!
This recliner is made of 100% polyester and will go well with your other furniture. The dimensions of this chair are 34.25 x 38.7 x 38.7 inches, it weighs 57 pounds, and the recommended maximum weight capacity is 300 pounds!
- Comfortable recliner
- Polyester material
- Multiple colors available
- Assembly may take some t
Why do we recommend this product?
The Christopher Knight Home Mervynn Mid-Century Modern Fabric Recliner is the perfect addition to any home. This recliner features a clean, straightforward design that will never look dated. The fabric is soft and durable. This recliner has everything you need in a recliner; it’s easy to use, affordable, and looks great!
2. JC Home Drammen Massaging best recliner for fibromyalgia
The JC Home Drammen Massaging Leather Recliner and Ottoman can be a choice for a best chronic fatigue recliner. This recliner features a wide array of convenient features.
You can adjust the seat back in multiple positions, including an upright position for reading or watching television. The armrests are also adjustable, allowing you to find the perfect place for your arms while relaxing.
This recliner has several additional convenient features that make it easy to use. The seat cushion has built-in lumbar support so that you can sit back. This leather recliner features a massage function that will help you relax after a long day. The headrest, armrests, and back of this recliner are all adjustable to your comfort level. The power button is located on the side of the chair for easy access so that you can adjust it while sitting in the chair.
- The JC Home Drammen is the first of its kind, with a unique design that allows you to rock back and forth while reclining.
ERGONOMIC COMFORT :
- The premium leather is soft to the touch, providing an ideal seating experience for hours on end.
- The ergonomic design provides support in all the right places, allowing you to sit comfortably without feeling fatigued.
- You’ll be able to find your most comfortable position with our adjustable headrests and armrests.
- It’s easy to get up out of your seat when it’s time for bed or dinner!
After a long day at work, you deserve to take your time relaxing in the comfort of home. The JC Home Drammen Massaging Leather Recliner is perfect for this! Its 9 massage modes and 5 intensity levels. The product has dimensions of 26.7 x 25.2 x 32.5 inches with a weight of 22.5 pounds.
- Adjustable headrests
- Comfortable position
- Easy to use
- Some complaints about the packaging
Why do we recommend this product?
The JC Home Drammen Leather Recliner and Ottoman with Leather-Wrapped Base is an excellent addition to any home. The reclining mechanism allows you to sit up or lie down at the touch of a button so that you can read or watch TV in comfort. A padded headrest provides extra support for your neck, while the plush pillow arms provide additional arm support and style. The recliner also features an adjustable headrest and footrest for added comfort.
3. RESPAWN 110 Racing Style best Gaming Chair recliner for fibromyalgia
The RESPAWN 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair is the ultimate gaming chair for those who have fibromyalgia and want to sit in a comfortable position. The chair you can use for long periods. It features a reclining design that provides comfort while playing video games, watching TV, or even just relaxing at home.
The RESPAWN 110 comes with a footrest that adjusts up and down so you can easily adjust it to whatever position works best for you. It also has an adjustable headrest that can be raised or lowered depending on your specific needs.
- The manufacturers offer the best quality products at affordable prices!
- Rest assured, knowing that a 90-day warranty backs your purchase.
- If anything happens, we’ll fix it or replace it free of charge!
- The chairs are durable to last!
- Made from high-quality materials with a sturdy steel frame that is both lightweight and durable.
- This gaming chair ergonomic design provides you with a healthy posture, preventing back and neck pain.
The RESPAWN 110 Racing Style Gaming Chair is perfect for people who want to sit in comfort while playing their favorite video games. With a 275lb weight capacity and ergonomic design, this chair will make you feel like the King of Games! The product has 28.5 x 28 x 51.5 inches, and the weight of the product is 24 pounds.
- 4D adjustability
- Maximum comfort
- Ergonomic design
- No technical flaw in the product.
Why do we recommend this product?
The RSP-110 Racing Style Gaming Chair is the perfect chair for your home office, bedroom, or dorm room. This reclining ergonomic chair with a footrest has a high back and headrest to provide support and comfort while you work or relax. The chair’s seat height you can adjust to find the most comfortable position for your legs.
4. GDF Studio Elizabeth Tufted Fabric Recliner for fibromyalgia
Khombu’s GDF Studio Elizabeth Tufted Fabric Recliner is the right recliner for a person with fibromyalgia. It has a sleek, stylish, and comfortable reading chair. With its tufted fabric upholstery, this light beige reclining reading chair will add a touch of elegance to your living room or bedroom.
The armrests have foam-filled cushions that provide comfort to your arms while reading or watching TV. This vintage-inspired recliner features rolled arms with nailhead trim and has a matching wooden base.
This recliner features a classic design that will be able to fit in any room of your house. The fabric upholstery allows you to clean it with soap and water if needed quickly. The arms on the chair have pads for extra comfort, and the backrest can be adjusted into multiple positions so you can sit comfortably while reading or watching TV.
- With an ergonomic design and premium build quality, the racing-style chair is durable to last!
- There is the use of high-quality materials to ensure maximum durability.
- The gaming chair has a 4D adjustable backrest.
- The headrest is for optimal comfort when sitting in front of your computer or playing video games.
- It also includes lumbar support for added lower back support, making it perfect for those who spend long hours sitting at their desk or playing video games.
STURDY LEGS :
- The recliner has durable legs.
- With sturdy legs and a solid wood frame, you can rest assured that your recliner will be around for years to come.
- A comfortable seat is essential on any excellent recliner.
- The chair has extra padding in all the right places, so you’ll always be comfortable when relaxing after a long day at work or watching TV with family and friends.
MODERN HOME DECOR:
- The recliner has an array of colors and styles that will match any room in your house! Whether you’re looking for something modern or traditional.
The GDF Studio Elizabeth Tufted Fabric Recliner is a reclining chair with a light beige textile form. Its dimensions are 34.5 x 28 x 41.25 inches, and it weighs 69 pounds, making the comfort factor worth the investment!
- Lightweight and ergonomic design
- Comfortable recliner
- Padded cushions
- It is not perfect for big people.
Why do we recommend this product?
The GDF Studio Elizabeth Tufted Fabric Recliner is a must-have for any living room. This reclining reading armchair features a light beige tone and antique brass nailhead trim. The fabric of this chair has 100% polyester, which makes it very easy to clean and maintain. The chair has a very soft feel, and the backrest can be adjusted as needed to provide maximum comfort.
5. Macedonia Mid Century Modern Tufted affordable recliner for fibromyalgia
This tufted back and seat fabric recliner will be a stylish addition to your home. Moreover, it is considered as the best affordable recliner for fibromyalgia. The mid-century modern design is sure to complement any decor style.
It features a solid wood frame; this recliner provides comfort and durability. It also includes a padded armrest for added support. When you’re ready to relax, simply pull the lever located on the side of the chair or ottoman and let it rock back into its fully reclined position.
This mid-century modern recliner has a tufted back and waterfall seat cushion to comfort you while watching TV or reading a book. This chair also features an adjustable headrest and overstuffed arms for added comfort. The legs are tapered with metal casters on the front legs for easy movement around your home.
- This mid-century modern recliner is the perfect addition to your living space.
- It features clean lines and a durable build that will last for years to come.
- The button-tufted seat back and classic black finish make this recliner an excellent choice for any home.
- Its sturdy construction ensures that it will be around for years to come.
CLEAN LINES SMOOTH FINISH:
- Clean lines, a smooth finish, and durable quality are just a few of the reasons why you’ll love this recliner!
- It’s crafted with care by skilled craftsmen who take pride in their workmanship.
This recliner is a perfect choice for any Mid Century Modern enthusiast. It boasts an upholstery of polyester fabric, with a tufted back style to give the chair’s form and shape some keen interest. The dimensions are 34 inches wide by 27 inches deep by 38 tall; this makes it not only easy on your feet but also fit in almost anywhere you’d like to put it! With 57 pounds weight, transporting isn’t too difficult either- just roll over and go!
- Padded comfort
- Tufted back style
- Smooth finish
- Bit heavy weighted
Why do we recommend this product?
It is a classic style sofa that is perfect for any room in your home! This mid-century modern design features a tufted back and seats with nailhead trim, two accent pillows, and a clean-lined silhouette that will add a perfect touch of style to your living area! With a soft pillow-top seat cushion and boxed cushions with high
6. VASAGLE Adjustable best recliner for fibromyalgia
The VASAGLE Adjustable Recliner Chair with Footrest is the best recliner chair for fibromyalgia. It features a tall backrest and adjustable headrest, which you can adjust up or down for maximum comfort. The footrest is also flexible, so you can position it exactly where you want it.
Get all the comfort of your own home in this reclining chair with an easy-to-use control panel and convenient storage pockets. A great addition to any living room, bedroom, or den, this reclining chair will quickly become your friend.
EASY ASSEMBLY :
- This chair is easy to assemble.
- All you need to do is attach the backrest and armrests and then tighten a few screws. It’s that simple!
LOOKS STYLISH :
- The wingback design of this chair makes it look stylish and elegant.
- You can use it in your living room or bedroom for comfort while watching TV or reading a book.
LONG BACKREST :
- The extended backrest provides support for your lower back, so you can sit comfortably for hours without feeling any strain on your spine.
COMFORTABLE AND DURABLE:
- This recliner chair has thick padding that makes it comfortable to sit in for hours at a time, even if you have sensitive skin.
- It also has a sturdy construction that ensures durability over time.
This recliner chair is perfect for all your relaxation needs! With its adjustable seat height and foam-covered armrests, you’ll be sure to find the proper position. It also has a tufted back that contours comfortably around your neck. Made of plywood with a metal frame, cotton lining fabric with an upholstery finish on the arms, rubberwood legs, this product weighs 57 pounds.
- Long backrest
- Adjustable positions
- Tufted back
- Heavy weighted
Why do we recommend this product?
Adjustable Recliner Chair with Footrest, VASAGLE is a new concept of adjustable recliner chair for your home. You can use it as an office chair, a living room chair, and even a bed. The footrest can be adjusted to meet your different needs. You can also change the backrest to find the most comfortable position for you.
Buyer guide of best recliner for fibromyalgia.
How many hours do you spend each day reclining? It’s safe to say that most people spend a lot of time in their recliners. If you are looking for the best one, then this buying guide will help! We have taken the time to research and find some of the best to make an informed decision suitable for your needs. This article covers what features you need to look for in the best recliner for fibromyalgia.
Size of the chair:
The first factor to consider is the size of the chair. A recliner needs to be big enough for you but not too big for your room either. Otherwise, it’s going to take up a lot of space and look awkward in that tiny living area. The next thing is comfort! It might sound obvious, but think about what features are essential when choosing a comfortable recliner. For example, do you want one with plenty of padding, or would you rather have one type of lumbar support?
Types of recliners
The next factor to consider is the type. Some recliners have a rocking function and will rock you to sleep, the ones with massage functions that work your body out while watching TV or reading, and also there are manual recliners for those who need an extra push to get themselves up from when seated.
You should always check what type of material is used in the production process because it’s essential for people who suffer from allergies. The last thing worth checking is if the chair has wheels attached to move around more easily but beware, they might scratch floors!
The next factor to consider is the sturdy construction of the recliner. You want to make sure that the back of the chair lets you recline at any angle and has a large enough base for your weight.
It’s crucial to find out if cushions or pillows are attached to the seat because it will be more comfortable when sitting in this type of furniture for long periods.
Some chairs have armrests while others don’t, so feel free to ask about them before purchasing one! The last thing worth noting is that some models offer power-operated reclining features, which might come in handy if you’re unable to do it manually yourself.
Q. Do massage chairs help fibromyalgia?
Yes, massage chairs are excellent for relaxing your muscles. They’re great for people with fibromyalgia because they have various settings that you can adjust to help you relax and alleviate pain.
Q. Is it OK to sleep in a recliner every night?
The truth is that it’s not healthy for anyone to sleep in the same position every night, and no one should expect themselves to do so. Try to take breaks from it once in a while. You might get stiff and uncomfortable if you do that all the time.
Q. Is a massage good for fibromyalgia?
Did you know that a massage can help with treating the pain of fibromyalgia? A study showed that it helped reduce symptoms by almost 50%! Massages are great for people who have stress and tension in their muscles. Since fibromyalgia is caused by muscle pain, massaging the affected areas can be beneficial.
Q. Where are the pressure points on the body for fibromyalgia?
The pressure points I recommend checking are in the lower back and neck. There is a point on each side of your spine where pressing down can relieve pain. It should be about two or three inches below the bottom of your shoulder blade. There are quite a few pressure points that you can use to lessen the symptoms of fibromyalgia. It’s essential to consult with a doctor before attempting any self-care.
Q. Can sleeping in a recliner cause blood clots?
Sleeping in a recliner can cause blood clots, but only if you have health issues like heart disease or lung cancer. It’s not usually a problem unless you’re already at risk for this condition.
After reading this article, you’ve probably realized that finding the best recliner for fibromyalgia can be a daunting task. There are so many on the market, and each one looks like it might work – until you sit in it. We want to make your search easier by providing six of our best recommendations based on what we think is most important when choosing an ergonomic chair or sofa. Take a look at these models and see which ones fit your needs! You’ll soon have relief from aches and pain with just the touch of a button .
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.