This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
Fibromyalgia is a chronic condition that causes pain throughout the body. There are many things you can do to lessen the effects of this condition; one is the best office chair for fibromyalgia.
Do you spend hours at a time sitting in your office chair? If so, then read on to find out the best office chair for fibromyalgia. Unfortunately, the pain can be excruciating and even lead to other health problems if left unchecked. Fortunately, there are some great options available that will make all the difference. This article has it all from ergonomic chairs designed with back support or mesh seats that keep you cool during long workdays!
5 Best office chair for fibromyalgia
Here we have compiled a list of the 5 best office chairs for fibromyalgia. I am pretty sure you will be able to find the one best that will suit your needs.
- Steelcase Series 1 Work-best durable office chair for fibromyalgia
- OFM ESS Collection Ergonomic-best bonded leather office chair for fibromyalgia
- OFM, Plush High-Back Microfiber-best most comfortable office chair for fibromyalgia
- Flash Furniture Mid-Back White-best stylish design office chair for fibromyalgia
- Christopher Knight Home Bagnold-best desk office chair for fibromyalgia
Table of Contents
Quick overview of 5 best chairs for fibromyalgia
|Steelcase Series 1 Work||Ergonomic chair, Quality & durability,100% Polyester,||Dimensions: 23.75 x 27 x 41.25 inches, Weight: 29 pounds|
|OFM ESS Collection Ergonomic||Comfortable position, Ergonomic chair, Control paddle,||Dimensions: 33.27 x 28.74 x 48.8 inches, Weight: 41 pounds|
|OFM, Plush High-Back Microfiber||Coil spring seat, Padded fixed arms, Fully adjustable seat height,||Dimensions: 31.25 x 27 x 47 inches, Weight: 40 pounds|
|Flash Furniture Mid-Back White||LeatherSoft, ANSI/BIFMA standard, Tilt lever,||Dimensions: 24 x 23 x 40.75 inches, Weight: 28 pounds|
|Christopher Knight Home Bagnold||Tufted stitching, Modern design, Adjustable height,||Dimensions: 26 x 27.5 x 36 inches, Weight: 26 pounds|
What is fibromyalgia, and how does it affect the body?
Fibromyalgia is a disorder characterized by chronic pain and fatigue. It can be difficult to diagnose, but many treatments have been found to help people with fibromyalgia live a more fulfilling life. This article will discuss what fibromyalgia is, how it affects the body, and what you can do about it!
What is fibromyalgia?
Fibromyalgia is a disorder which is characterized by chronic pain and fatigue. The main symptom of fibromyalgia is widespread muscle pain, but the condition also affects sleep patterns, memory, and mood. In addition, people with this disorder are often sensitive to physical contact or temperature changes as well. Fibromyalgia can be difficult to diagnose because many other conditions have similar symptoms, but some treatments help people live more fulfilling lives!
How does it affect the body?
People who suffer from fibromyalgia experience intense discomfort in their muscles due to inflamed nerves under the skin. It happens when your brain sends out incorrect signals about what you feel. For example, it will hurt if someone pushes on your arm while you’re experiencing these nerve flares. Moreover, people who have this condition are often sensitive to physical contact or temperature changes as well. Fibromyalgia can be difficult to diagnose because many other conditions have similar symptoms, but some treatments help people live more fulfilling lives!
Treatment of fibromyalgia:
Fibromyalgia is very hard to diagnose, but there are several treatments available. These include medication, cognitive behavioral therapy, and exercise – all aimed at treating the symptoms which can be very severe for sufferers. Cognitive-behavioral therapy focuses on changing negative thought patterns that affect how patients deal with problems or stressors in their lives. Exercise has been shown to reduce pain levels significantly as well as helping people sleep better at night, reducing fatigue during the day. Medication may also help relieve some pain, although it does not work for everyone who takes it, and side effects vary from person to person, so please speak to your GP before you begin taking any medications!
Review of 5 best office chairs for fibromyalgia
Here we review the 5 best office chairs for fibromyalgia—our detailed review of all 5 products in detail. Our detailed pros and cons will help you to choose your next product carefully.
1. Steelcase Series 1 Work-best ergonomic office chair for fibromyalgia
The Steelcase Series 1 office chair is the best chair for fibromyalgia in comfort, style, and quality. This ergonomic office chair features a unique seat cushion design that leverages built-in air pockets to relieve pressure points under your thighs, back, and bottom.
The flexible seat edge relieves pressure points under your thighs. Optional adjustable lumbar support helps provide additional support where you need it most. Fully Adjustable Armrests allow for multiple positions so you can work comfortably with or without armrests.
It comes with a seat cushion design that leverages built-in air pockets, making it ideal for fibromyalgia or pressure points under their thighs. In addition, the flexible seat edge relieves pressure points under the thighs and behind the knees and supports your lower back.
The Series 1 Work Office Chair in Licorice will make your workspace stylish and comfortable. It is upholstered with textile, has a furniture finish of licorice, measures 23.75 x 27 x 41 inches, weighs 29 pounds.
- Ergonomic design promotes better posture and comfort while working at your desk.
- Seat depth adjustment allows you to move forward or backward to achieve the best position for your body type.
- The seat angle is adjustable so that you can find the most natural position for your legs, knees, hips, and back.
- Back height is also adjustable so that you can set your position.
- The Flexor system in the backrest provides a continuous flow of air, which helps maintain your body temperature and makes you feel more comfortable. The is a task chair that was designed to support you throughout your day.
- The backrest flexes and moves with you, while the seat pan tilts and pivots to keep you comfortable for hours on end.
PNEUMATIC SEAT HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT:
- The pneumatic seat height adjustment lets you customize your sitting position, so it feels just right for you!
- You can adjust the height of your seat by up to 4 inches, depending on how tall you are and how much room you need under your desk.
- The Steelcase Series 1 has an adjustable backrest that flexes in response to your movements.
- It allows you to sit comfortably throughout the day without feeling fatigued or experiencing lower back pain.
- Adjustable backrest
- 100 polyester
- Mesh and breathable material
- Some complaints about the quality of armrests
Why do we recommend this product?
The Steelcase Series 1 work office chair is flexible in design, with an innovative seat cushion design that leverages built-in air pockets. It helps to reduce pressure points under the thighs and buttocks, making it the best chair for long hours of sitting. In addition, the flexible seat edge relieves pressure points under your thighs and makes this chair ideal for people who have difficulty keeping their legs still.
2. OFM ESS Collection Ergonomic-best bonded leather office chair for fibromyalgia
The OFM Ess Collection Ergonomic Bonded Leather Office Chair is a great option for those who want to sit comfortably at work. In addition, it is the best adjustable office chair for fibromyalgia. The chair comes with adjustable lumbar support, height-adjustable padded arms.
This OFM Ess Collection Ergonomic Bonded Leather Office Chair is the perfect choice for your home or office. The memory foam seat and adjustable lumbar support provide comfort for all-day use.
The height-adjustable padded arms are great to use as a place to rest your arms while using the computer or taking a quick break from work. Adjustment paddles allow you to easily adjust the tilt tension, lock tilt position, and back height so you can adjust your position.
This ergonomic bonded leather office chair is upholstered with faux leather and weighs 41 pounds. Its dimensions are 33.27 x 28.74 x 48.8 inches, making it perfect for any home or work desk!
PLUSH MEMORY FOAM:
- You’ll be amazed at how much this chair conforms to your body.
- The seat and back are padded with premium quality foam that will support you for hours of work.
ADJUSTABLE LUMBAR :
- You’ll be able to find the perfect position for your back and legs.
- Adjustable lumbar support allows you to customize your chair to fit your body perfectly.
- It is a feature that most other office chairs do not have!
HEIGHT-ADJUSTABLE ARMS :
- Get the right height for your arms with our adjustable armrests.
- Move them up or down as needed to be at the correct height for maximum comfort and productivity while working at a desk.
MAXIMUM COMFORT :
- OFM ESS Collection Ergonomic Bonded Leather Office Chair is the perfect chair for your home or office.
- This chair features a seat height adjustment, tilt lock, tilt tension control, and adjustable back support.
ERGONOMIC TOUCHES :
- A variety of ergonomic touches make this chair one of the most comfortable on the market today.
- Adjustable armrest
- Memory foam
- Tilt lock
- Arms are a little high for the shorter person
Why do we recommend this product?
The OFM Ess Collection Bonded Leather Executive Chair is of great value and features the comfort of memory foam. The bonded leather upholstery is easy to clean and maintain, while the adjustable arms offer ergonomic support for your arms and wrists. In addition, the soft padded seat provides all-day comfort.
3. OFM, Plush High-Back-best comfortable office chair for fibromyalgia
This OFM high back task chair features a soft micro suede fabric that covers the seat and back of the chair. It is the best ultimate comfort chair for fibromyalgia. The plush high-back office chair is designed to provide maximum comfort with its coil spring seating.
This task chair has an adjustable seat height, 360-degree swivel, padded arms for forearm support, and a fixed padded headrest.
This office chair has coil spring seating for added comfort and lumbar support, seat height adjustment, 360-degree swivel, and customizability and comfort. Fixed padded arms for forearm support provide you with the option of placing your arms on them or not. This office chair comes in brown color.
The office chair is upholstered in microfiber and weighs 40 pounds. It measures 31.25 inches high by 27 wide, with an arm’s length (depth) of 47″.
DURABLE OFFICE FURNITURE :
- Comfortable desk chair with padded fixed arms and intuitive controls.
- The frame is constructed of steel.
- Features a pneumatic seat height adjustment lever and tilt tension control knob.
- The back has built-in lumbar support for added comfort.
COMFORTABLE DESK CHAIR WITH ARMS :
- This office chair features a plush high back design with an adjustable headrest to keep you comfortable all day long.
- The ergonomic design of this chair will help relieve neck strain, lower back pain, and fatigue while seated at your desk or workstation.
- Intuitive controls allow you to adjust the seat height, tilt tension, back angle, and arm height with just a push of a button.
- This chair also features adjustable lumbar support that can be added or removed depending on your needs.
HIGH-QUALITY FRAME STRENGTH:
- The frame strength allows this chair to hold up to 300 pounds in weight capacity.
- It has reliable roll casters that make it easy for you to move around when needed.
- This office chair with arms is constructed from high-quality materials that will
- Arm height adjustment
- Back support
- Ergonomic design
- No technical flaw in the product
Why do we recommend this product?
The OFM Plush High-Back Chair is a task chair that has been designed to provide you with maximum comfort and support. This chair features a high back, which means that it will keep your spine in alignment while you work. In addition, the seat height can be adjusted so that the chair fits your body perfectly.
4. Flash Furniture Mid-Back-best office chair for chronic pain
Flash Furniture Mid-Back White Chair with Gold Frame and Arms is a contemporary executive office chair for fibromyalgia that offers comfort, softness, and durability. The soft leather upholstery is easy to clean and will not fade or stain.
The padded seat and backrest provide comfort while you sit, while the gold frame adds a touch of elegance to this contemporary chair. The swivel feature allows you to move around freely, making it easy for you to get up from your desk without having to turn around in your seat. In addition, this Flash Furniture mid-back office chair has a 360-degree swivel function that will allow you to change positions throughout the day easily.
The chair is made of a white leather sofa material and gold frame, perfect for an office. It’s 24 x 23 x 40.75 inches with 28 pounds in weight; it can swivel 360 degrees!
DURABLE OFFICE FURNITURE:
- The Flash Furniture Mid-Back White Chair is a great choice for your home or office.
- This chair features a waterfall front seat, tilt lock, pneumatic seat height adjustment, padded arms, and rocking/reclining motion.
WATERFALL FRONT SEAT:
- The waterfall front seat design allows air to circulate freely under the user’s thighs.
- It helps prevent heat build-up and promotes healthy blood circulation.
- The tilt-lock mechanism prevents the back from reclining if you wish to use this chair as an upright task chair.
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment allows you to easily adjust the seat height by pressing down on the lever located on the right side of the chair frame.
PNEUMATIC SEAT HEIGHT ADJUSTMENT:
- Easily adjust the height of the chair from counter level to bar height with the pneumatic adjustment lever. No tools are required!
- Provides extra comfort and support for your arms while working at a desk or table.
- Arm pads are made from foam covered by soft material.
- Pneumatic seat height adjustment
- Tilt lock mechanism
- Easily adjustable
- Installation is not easy
Why do we recommend this product?
This Flash Furniture Mid-Back White LeatherSoft Executive Swivel Office Chair with Gold Frame and Arms is a great option to consider if you want a mid-back leather office chair that offers comfort, style, and durability. In addition, this executive chair features a soft white leather seat cushion that is upholstered in premium-grade vinyl for long-term use.
5. Christopher Knight Home-best ergonomic design office chair for fibromyalgia
The Christopher knight home Bagnold Desk Chair is the best comfortable office chair for fibromyalgia for any home office or workspace. The sloped arms and tufted diamond stitching give this chair a classic look that will compliment any room.
This swivel and adjustable components allow you to find the perfect position for your body type. In addition, it features a rich black finish and a comfortable foam seat cushion for added support.
The swivel chair features sloped arms and tufted diamond stitching for an elegant touch. The desk chair has various styles, shapes, and sizes to work with any room or nook. Light assembly required. Swivel and adjustable components are included in this comfortable desk chair.
A 26.1-pound microfiber chair with a slate and chrome color palette is perfect for an office setting. It has 27 x 35 inches dimensions while the form factor is upholstered, which can support weights up to 250 pounds comfortably!
ADJUSTABLE HEIGHT WITH SWIVEL:
- This swivel chair allows you to adjust the height from seat to back, so you can find your perfect position while sitting at your desk.
- The seat also swivels 360 degrees for maximum comfort.
CHROME FINISH WITH ROLLING CASTERS:
- The chrome finish on the base of this rolling office chair gives it a professional look that will complement any home or office setting.
HIGH QUALITY AND CRAFTSMANSHIP :
- The Bagnold Desk Chair is made of high-quality materials that are built to last.
- It will give you years of comfort and style in any room of your home or office.
- Tufted diamond stitch, adjustable height with swivel, chrome finish with rolling casters.
- Well-made, high quality, and craftsmanship.
- Durable office furniture- comfortable desk chair.
TUFTED DIAMOND STITCH:
- The tufted diamond stitch gives the chair a luxurious look while adding to its durability.
- This stitch is used in many fine home furnishings and automobiles to give them a more expensive appearance.
- It also helps prevent the fabric from fraying or unraveling over time because it is woven into the fabric itself.
- Comfort and stylish
- Luxurious look
- Chrome finish
- Some complaints about comfort
Why do we recommend this product?
The Bagnold desk chair is a great addition to any room or office. It comes in various colors and patterns so that you can match it with your existing decor. In addition, the ergonomic design makes it easy to sit comfortably while working at your desk for hours on end.
best office chair for fibromyalgia buying guide
Do you want to sit in comfort and style? If yes, then the best office chair for fibromyalgia is the best option. But how do you know which one is best for your needs? This article will help you with that question. We have put together a buying guide of the best office chairs for people with fibromyalgia so that you can be sitting in comfort again!
The first factor you need to consider before your purchase is the comfort level. Comfort level is super important for a person living with fibromyalgia. If you are not comfortable, your pain will increase, and that is the last thing you would want for yourself or anyone else in your family.
The best office chair for fibromyalgia should have good lumbar support and soft cushioning to provide maximum comfort level, which could help reduce stress on body parts such as the back, neck & shoulders. Another important factor related to comfort is armrests because they add extra cushions between arms and elbows to avoid any pressure from sitting continuously in one place. In addition, if it has adjustable features like height adjustment feature, it can be set according to best position while working at desk/computer table, etc. That saves time by adjusting them based on our requirements without disturbing another work pattern.
The next factor to consider is the material of the chair. If it is not good quality, the best chair for fibromyalgia will be affected in the long run. Choosing a breathable material that allows air to flow between the chair and the skin would be best. It prevents sweating which can cause irritations to the skin, rashes, or heat stroke due to continuous perspiration on the back area of the best office chair for fibromyalgia.
The next factor to consider is the frame material best office chair for fibromyalgia. There are mainly three types of best chairs for fibromyalgia frames. They are metal, wooden, and plastic best office chairs for fibromyalgia. Each one has its benefits. For example, metal is durable, but it can be heavy to lift sometimes, which makes moving difficult, whereas the plastic material is lightweight but not as sturdy as wood or metal frame chairs.
So buying guide would include checking out these factors thoroughly before finalizing your selection. I hope you find this post useful! Best office chair for fibromyalgia!
Q. What is the best office chair for sitting long hours?
- I recommend the Steelcase Series 1 Work Office Chair because it’s one of the best for ergonomics. The mesh back makes it breathable, so you stay comfortable all day, and its sturdy construction ensures it’ll last a long time too.
Q. What office chair do chiropractors recommend?
- The best office chair for chiropractors is the Christopher knight home. It’s a bit pricey, but it fits most people well and makes long days much more bearable in front of the computer.
Q. How do I choose a good desk chair?
- One of the most important things to look for when choosing a desk chair is comfortable. You want something that supports your back, spine, and neck while being able to swivel. In addition, if you want a good desk chair, it’s important to be aware of the size of your workspace. You need a big enough surface area where you can sit comfortably and have room for your keyboard and other items such as a phone or mouse.
Q. How should you sit in an office chair?
- There are several things to consider about how you sit in your office chair, like where should your monitor be relative to your eyes? How many hours do you usually spend sitting down? The answers to these questions will determine the right seating solution for you. Of course, the best way to sit in an office chair is with your feet on the floor and back straight. It helps you focus because it keeps your core engaged, too!
Our list of the 5 best office chairs for fibromyalgia should help you find a chair that will make your workday more comfortable. All of our recommendations are highly rated by consumers with chronic pain, but we recommend taking some time to try them out in person before making your final decision. Which one sounds like it would be most appropriate for what you need? Let us know if there’s anything else we can do to assist you!
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.