This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
Searching for the best exterior paint for Florida that can survive harsh weather conditions? Then, look no more. Because this review is going to solve this query for you:
If you’re looking for the best exterior paint for Florida that can deal with all weather changes? Then, you’re at the right spot. Because only a durable exterior paint can enhance the overall look of your house and withstand a harsh climate.
Well, it’s quite challenging to choose high-quality exterior paint that can go well for all weather conditions. But, it is possible if you’re investing in the right product. Therefore, choosing a waterproof exterior paint could save you time and money.
Moreover, the best exterior paint should be water-repellent, mold-resistant, and dirt resistant. Here we’re going to ease your choice and clear all doubting thoughts.
So, we’re providing a list of the top 10 exterior paints for Florida that will work perfectly. Let’s get an insight into all the brilliant features along with the pros and cons.
In a hurry-up: Grab the best paint for Florida now!
If you’re running short of time and want a brief description of every product. Then, this portion will help you to get a summarized list of features of all products. Let’s get into details:
- Best multipurpose–INSL-X AMW100009A-01 WaterBlock Acrylic white Paint
‘This water-proof exterior paint functions as a protector against mildew and molds and provides a glossy look”
2. Best performer–KILZ Premium High-Hide Stain Blocking, White Primer/Sealer
“It offers the desired consistency to turn all imperfect areas into perfect ones and capable to deal with all-weather conditions”
3. Highly durable–KILZ Interior/Exterior Enamel Porch & Patio Latex Floor Paint
“With a smooth texture and high-quality, it works flawlessly to block all staining agents and dries quickly as compared to traditional paints”
4. Best for exterior surfaces–INSL-X AQ040009A-01 Aqua Lock Plus 100% Acrylic White
“This multi-purpose exterior paint contains brilliant adhesive properties and functions for both interior and exterior surfaces”
5. Best for all temperatures–Majic Paints 8-7773-1 Town & Country Exterior Latex Satin Paint
“Best exterior paint to hold-up heat from the Florida sun and also contain fungicides to restrict mold growth”
6. Best exterior paint with premium quality–BEHR Premium Plus 1 gal. Ultra Pure White Semi-Gloss
“With a smooth texture and premium quality ingredients, it is highly reliable for climate protection”
7.Best fade-resistant–Rust-Oleum 3104 Zinsser Perma Exterior Satin
“This exterior paint doesn’t demand sanding due to its self-priming formula and offers resistance to mold and mildew”
8. Best water-based formula–Modern Masters 275266 Paint, 1 Quart
“This water-based formula offers a satin finish and could dry within one hour by covering all porous areas”
9. Best multi-purpose–Majic Paints Interior/Exterior Satin Paint, 1-Quart
“Doesn’t require sanding and priming, protect interior walls from mold growth and cracking”
10. Bang in the buck–Diamond Brite Paint 31150 1-Gallon All-Purpose
“Worthy product to enhance the beauty and protecting surfaces from rotting away due to mold and mildew growth”
Table of Contents
Best exterior paint for Florida Comparison Table
|Product name||Product weight||Product dimensions||Drying duration|
|INSL-X AMW100009A-01 WaterBlock Acrylic white Paint||11.05 pounds||8.75 x 8.75 x 9.13 inches||4 hours|
|KILZ Premium High-Hide Stain Blocking, White Primer/Sealer||11.8 pounds||7.2 x 7.2 x 7.8 inches||4 hours|
|KILZ Interior/Exterior Enamel Porch & Patio Latex Floor Paint||10.7 pounds||6.63 x 6.63 x 7.65 inches||4 hours|
|INSL-X AQ040009A-01 Aqua Lock Plus 100% Acrylic White||11.4 pounds||8.75 x 8.75 x 9.13 inches||1 hour|
|Majic Paints 8-7773-1 Town & Country Exterior Latex Satin Paint||8.34 pounds||7 x 7 x 7.75 inches||4 hours|
|BEHR Premium Plus 1 gal. Ultra Pure White Semi-Gloss||Covers 400 square feet||————————-||2 hours|
|Rust-Oleum 3104 Zinsser Perma Exterior Satin||3 pounds||4.25 x 4.25 x 4.85 inches||2 to 4 hours|
|Modern Masters 275266 Paint, 1 Quart||2.25 pounds||3.5 x 3.5 x 6 inches||1 hour|
|Majic Paints Interior/Exterior Satin Paint, 1-Quart||2.1 pound||4.75 x 4.75 x 5.75 inches||1 hour|
|Diamond Brite Paint 31150 1-Gallon All-Purpose||13 pounds||12.5 x 13.5 x 12.5 inches||10-12 hours|
10 Best exterior paint for florida reviews.
Let’s have a look at the reviews of the 10 Best exterior paint for florida.
1. INSL-X AMW100009A-01 WaterBlock Acrylic white Paint
This waterproof paint can provide an exceptional look to your house and can keep it refreshing for a long duration. Moreover, its water-repellent properties and useful ingredients inhibit mildew and mold growth.
If you’re seeking a perfect option that could last for years without fading or cracking. Then, this exterior paint will prove as the best choice.
The specific features of INSL-X AMW100009A-01 are as follows:
- Contain specific ingredients to inhibit mildew and mold growth on the surfaces
- This exterior paint is waterproof and offers ultra protection to walls
- Show high alkali resistance with a pH of 13
- Capable to bear a hydrostatic pressure of 12 psi
- Delivers exceptional results when applied between 50 to 90-degree celsius of temperature
- Workable on damp places but offers brilliant results when applied on dry places
Benjamin Moore & Co. is the manufacturing brand of this waterproof paint. This water-based paint comes up in white color with Flatt or matte finish. Moreover, it is usable for both interior and exterior surfaces. Well, it offers coverage of 75 to 125 square feet per gallon.
- Easy to apply
- Dries quickly
- Inhibit mold and mildew growth
- Cannot use on floors
2. KILZ Premium High-Hide Stain Blocking, White Primer/Sealer
If you want to cover all imperfections and stains with a smooth finishing. Then, this option will work for you. Because this waterproof exterior paint offers greater adhesion properties for all interior and exterior surfaces.
Well, it also contains multiple mildewcides that don’t only restrict mildews and growth but also protect them from cracking. Further, it’s one gallon that has enough capacity to cover an area of 300 to 400 square feet.
The most important features of the KILZ Premium High-Hide stain-blocking are as follows:
- Capable to hide all stains and previous colors through its powerful stain-blocking ability and adhesive properties
- Offers a brilliant finishing look to your house
- Also, contain mildewcide to secure surfaces from mildew and molds attack
- Can perform perfectly during humid temperatures
- With zero VOCs, it is quite easy to use and clean
This water-based paint could cover 300-400 square feet within one gallon. With item model number 1304, it is used for metal surfaces. The manufacturing brand of this product is KILZ which provides a creamy thick VOC-less formula. Moreover, it can take 4 hours to dry completely.
- Useable for both interior and exterior surfaces
- The stain-blocking formula covers all stains flawlessly
- Offers great coverage within only two coats
- Not suitable for wood paneling
3. KILZ Interior/Exterior Enamel Porch & Patio Latex Floor Paint
This low-luster floor paint could provide an ideal look to various surfaces by hiding their previous faded paints.
Well, this acrylic latex paint is highly reliable and durable. Moreover, this multi-purpose paint can resist cracking and offers resistance to dust and dirt particles.
With one hour of drying time, it is capable of painting the porch, floors, patio siding, and many other surfaces.
So, if you’re searching for durable paint that can last for multiple years then you should avail of this.
The salient features of the KILZ interior/exterior enamel porch and patio latex floor paint are here:
- Works best for patio floor, deck, porch, and many other surfaces through a low-lustre finish
- Capable to dry within one hour and provide a final look after two coats
- Cannot allow mildew and mold growth
- Due to premium quality material, offers complete resistance to peeling, cracking, and fading
- Most importantly, can easily hold up all harsh weather conditions without fading
Masterchem Industries LLC is the manufacturer of the KILZ interior/exterior porch and patio latex enamel.
With an item model number L573711, it could cover 300-400 feet square in one gallon. This acrylic-based paint offers a uniform finishing through slate grey color. Also, it’s one gallon contains 128FL ounces, and has 6 hours of drying time.
- Works ideally in all hot and cold weathers
- Easy to apply
- Cover all stains through two coats
- Doesn’t offer durable results
4. INSL-X AQ040009A-01 Aqua Lock Plus 100% Acrylic White
If you’re looking for the best exterior paint for Florida that can paint dry walls, bricks, ceramic walls, wood and galvanized walls. Then, surrender your search and avail of this product.
Well, this 100% acrylic primer-sealer offers a perfect uniform finish to all exterior and interior surfaces. Above all, it can beat the harsh climate of Florida without fading or peeling off.
The significant features of INSL-X AQ040009A-01 Aqua Lock are as follows:
- Due to 100% acrylic material and low VOC, it can provide brilliant adhesion for all interior and exterior surfaces
- Its stain-blocking property can cover all imperfect areas and deliver a perfect oil-based finishing
- Contain mildewcides to completely restrict mold and mildew growth
- Provide excellent results when applied between 10 to 32-degree celsius of temperature
- One gallon could cover 300 to 400 square feet and take 60 minutes to dry fully
INSL-X manufactures this 100% acrylic primer. This water-based paint has item model number AQ040009A-01. Moreover, this sealer offers Flatt and matte finish and usable for both interior and exterior surfaces.
- Offers a perfect finish
- Capable to cover all imperfect areas
- Dries up quickly
- Too thick
5. Majic Paints 8-7773-1 Town & Country Exterior Latex Satin Paint
Here’s another product to enhance the facelift of your house. Well, this paint could excellently work for houses, barns, homes, sheds, and fences during extreme temperature conditions.
Its ability to survive during all weather conditions without fading and scuffing always amazes Floridians. So, it will be worth your every penny through its long-lasting performance.
Following are the prominent features of Majic paint 8-7773-1 town and country exterior latex satin paint:
- Specifically designed for barns, homes, fences, and sheds
- With its UV resistant technology, it has the ability for color-retention
- Offers superior coverage and one gallon could easily cover more than 300 square feet
- Due to linseed oil, it could provide enough adhesion and penetration
- Capable to dry in 30 minutes and easily washable with soap and water
Majic Paints is the manufacturing brand of these 145 FL ounces. With a viscosity of 85 – 95 KU, it offers 1mils of thickness film. This paint is available in White, Classic Red, Black.
- Fill-up all cracks perfectly
- Easily applicable
- Not waterproof
6. BEHR Premium Plus 1 gal. Ultra Pure White Semi-Gloss
One of the best exterior paints for Florida is here to hit all surfaces through its semi-gloss finish. Due to the presence of acrylic material and zero VOC, it can last for multiple years without peeling.
Moreover, it offers excellent coverage ability and avoids mildew and mold growth. So, if you’re interested in enhancing the overall appearance of your home. Then, this long-lasting product will serve years without fading off due to higher temperatures.
The remarkable features of BEHR premium plus are here:
- Complete resistance to dirt, mildew, moisture, color fading, peeling off
- Could cover 400 feet square per gallon
- Contains 100 % acrylic and zero VOC
- Block all stains and cover all imperfections through its thick smooth texture
BEHR is the manufacturing brand of BEHR premium plus. Well, this white-color enamel offers a uniform finish and has ASIN number B008U5LWZE.
- Easy to apply
- Covering ability is excellent
- Moisture and mildew resistant
- Shipping to a few locations is unavailable
7. Rust-Oleum 3104 Zinsser Perma Exterior Satin
If you’re willing to get a product that doesn’t require sanding and saves you valuable time. Then, this self-priming formula offers great coverage to all stains and maintains the same refreshing color for years.
Moreover, this formula is also immune to mildew and mold growth. So, this product will provide you with worry-free years.
The important features of the Rust-Oleum 3104 Zinsser Perma are here:
- This exterior paint give 5 years of guarantee to resist mildew and mold growth
- Capable to cover all porous surfaces without scratching
- Provides long-lasting and durable effects for more than 15 years
- Cover 100 square feet per gallon
The manufacturing brand of this product is Rust-Oleum. With a volume of 946.35 Milliliters, it could cover 100 square feet. Also, it provides a 5 years guarantee to avoid molds and mildew germination.
- Exceptional ability to cover all stains
- Only two coats, do the job
- Immune to mold and mildew attack
- Contains higher viscosity
8. Modern Masters 275266 Paint, 1 Quart
Another high-quality exterior paint is here to offer a unique finish to all wood and metal surfaces. If you’re expecting a top-notch product to compete with all-climate fluctuations. Then, this product will prove a perfect one for you. So, avail of this hassle-free option.
The prime features of the modern masters 275266 paint are here:
- It’s never-fade technology always do wonders and amaze everybody through a refreshing look
- Have the capacity to coat an area around 100 square feet within one quart
- This water-based formula is compatible with both interior and exterior surfaces
- Require only one hour to dry completely
Rust-Oleum is the manufacturer of this top-notch product. With an item model number 275266, it offers a satin look.
- Available in a variety of colors
- Dries up quickly
- High-quality product
9. Majic Paints Interior/Exterior Satin Paint, 1-Quart
Here’s another ideal product that can change the entire look of the furniture, metal surfaces, wooden surfaces, bricks, plastic, and drywall. Above all, it’s a perfect option for all DIY projects with an ideal satin finish.
So, if you’re wishing to get a product without sanding and priming then this one will work for you.
The key features of the Majic Paints Interior/Exterior satin paint are here:
- Gives a smooth satin finish
- This multi-purpose product is usable for wooden, metal, plastic, cement walls, and dry walls
- Doesn’t require sanding and priming
- Provides a variety of colors
- With strong adhesion properties, it offers great color-retention
Yenkin-Majestic Paint Corporation manufactures this amazing product. This water-based acrylic formula provides 32 ounces in one quart.
- Best bang in the buck
- Require only two coats for a flawless finish
- Workable without sanding and priming
- Super-sticky in nature
10. Diamond Brite Paint 31150 1-Gallon All-Purpose
If you’re still confused and want to get a single product that could provide exceptional results for all surfaces. Then, this product will meet all your requirements at an affordable price. So, get this durable product for various exterior and interior surfaces without fading or cracking.
The basic features of the diamond brite paint 31150 are here:
- Suitable for both exterior and interior surfaces
- Workable with a brush, spray gun, and roller
- Offers resistance to dust, dirt, scuffs, and bugs
- Perfect for metal, steel, wooden surfaces, and industrial flooring
Diamond Brite Paint is the manufacturer of this product. This oil-based paint takes 6 to 8 hours to dry. With an item model number 31150, it could cover more than 200 feet square area per gallon.
- Have greater adhesion properties
- Offers a great finish after two coats
- Suitable for all surfaces
- Not durable
A helping buying guide to choose the best exterior paint for Florida.
There are a few factors that will help you to choose the best exterior paint for Florida. Here they’re:
If you’re going to choose a paint then specify the type of surface and always get a specific product.
Moreover, some brands offer multi-purpose paints that could work for all surfaces. But, paints that contain acrylic in a greater ratio with almost zero VOC are highly durable. So, always check out paint material and its compatibility with your requirements.
Secondly, you have to check out the coverage area of one gallon in square feet. Because it will help you to assess the total number of gallons for the entire project.
Exterior paints should be waterproof. So, they can resist rainy weather without fading, peeling, or cracking.
Mildew and mold resistant
Prefer a paint that contains fungicides or mildewcides within its ingredients. It will help you to restrict mildew growth on all exterior surfaces.
If you’re going to paint wooden surfaces then prefer a paint with semi-gloss or gloss finish.
Well, if you want to hide out all porous surfaces then choose a paint with a Flatt finish. Also, paint with a satin finish can offer an attractive look to all surfaces.
Frequently Asked Questions FAQs
How long could a paint last in Florida?
Due to hot temperatures and humid conditions, paints usually last for 6 to 7 years. But, if you’re using high-quality paint then it will serve more than 10 years.
What are ideal conditions for exterior paint?
You have to apply exterior paint by considering temperature 60 to 85 Fahrenheit in your mind. Moreover, always apply paint when humidity lies 40% to 70% in the air.
Should I use a primer before applying exterior paint?
If you’re going to change the color that is entirely different from the previous one. Then, you have to purchase a primer. Because if you’re only using exterior paint then you have to apply multiple coats. As a result, it will cost you more than a primer.
Choosing the best exterior paint for Florida would be challenging for every Floridan. So, if you’re unable to overcome confusion and want to change the entire look of your house.
Then, we have narrowed down the top 10 products for your ease. Moreover, a helpful buying guide will also assist you to get a perfect product.
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.