This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
If you have a large area that needs pruning, then there will be a need for the best pruning blade for reciprocating saw.
Pruning, trimming, and cutting tree branches is not as simple as it looks. To do the work flawlessly, there will be a need for different kinds of tools. The best tool is the reciprocating saw. A reciprocating saw is a potent tool. A reciprocating saw is best to cut the bushes and cut the extra tree branches in the yard.
However, if you have a large yard and want to cut some branches and bushes, you can do it on any reciprocating saws. It will do their job perfectly. But if the branches and trunks are thicker than for cutting, you need a high quality of blades to cut the thicker branches easily and quickly. Today we are going to review the five best pruning blades for a reciprocating saw.
Table of Contents
5 best pruning blades for reciprocating saw.
- Fred DS1203CP3 Diablo– best quality reciprocating saw
- Wood Pruning Saw 9-inches Blades for Reciprocating Saw– best durable reciprocating saw
- Diablo pruning Reciprocating saw blade DS1205FG5-best bi-directional tooth pruning saw
- Freud DS0903CP3 Diablo-best length blade reciprocating saw
- Reciprocating Saw Blades Wood Pruning And Woodcutting for Reciprocating Saw-best material reciprocating saw
Best pruning blade for reciprocating saw Review.
1. Fred DS1203CP3 – Best Pruning Reciprocating Saw Blade.
The Fred DS1203CP3 is the best 12 inch reciprocating saw blade for pruning trees if you do not bother about the blade’s high price.
They have superior performance, excellent design, and the best quality. Their geometry carbide teeth dive clean and fast cuts even in hardwood or tree roots.
In one pack, they provide three blades; the Fred DS1203CP3 is the most expensive choice. But you will find the difference in their quality when you use both the Fred DS1203CP3 and other cheap price tools. It is made of carbon steel, and you can use it for a lot of pruning activities.
- It will perform ultimate cutting in clean wood and pruning applications.
- The blades will deliver fast and effortless cuts because of their aggressive carbon teeth.
- Come with a high quality of three blades.
- The best tool for complex and heavy-duty work.
- The blades are 50X longer than the standard blades.
- For fast chip removal, they provide large gullets between teeth.
2. Wood Pruning Saw – Best 9-inches Blades for Reciprocating Saw.
This product contains five best pruning blades on one pack for a reciprocating saw. Each blade in the pack has 9 inches in size, perfect for cutting thick wood and brushes. While doing work on the blades, such as cutting thick branches or brushes, the blades produce less vibration.
Wood Pruning Saw 9-inches blades are very durable because of their 1.4mm thickness. Blades come with durable plastic storage to use the blade pack of pruning with all universal reciprocating saws. They provide one year of limited warranty for their customers.
- Made of high-quality carbon steel, which performs quick cuts in wood and pruning.
- The blades are compatible with universal reciprocating saws.
- Because of their high-quality carbon steel, the blades are sharp and never leave sharpness throughout the year.
- Five blades in one pack, every blade size is 9 inches, in which they provide five teeth per inch.
- Very easy to use, the blades can be changed easily.
- Come with durable plastic storage.
3. Diablo – Best pruning Reciprocating saw blade.
The Diablo product contains five pruning blades on one pack for a reciprocating saw, in which each blade has a 12-inch length size. The blades have high features performance, designed for smooth and fast cuts.
For super fast cutting of wood material, they provide large precision teeth and easily remove chips they have deep-seated gullets. The blades use steel without using carbide, which is the perfect blade for woodwork. Their blades remain sharper longer and perform better cuts. We will not recommend this product for cutting woods with nails.
- The large and bi-directional tooth provides smooth and quick cuts in both directions.
- To cut wood materials faster, they are precision fleam ground teeth.
- The fleam ground teeth offer superior cutting performance and are also famous for their excellent cuts.
- The blade is 12 inches and comes with five blades in one pack.
- This type of blade can cut down 5 to 7-inch trees easily.
- Easy to use and can change the blade quickly.
4. Freud DS0903CP3 – Best Carbide Pruning Reciprocating Blade.
The Freud DS0903CP3 Diablo blade length is 9-inch. With one pack, they provide three blades. They have aggressive carbide tooth geometry for an unmatched 50 times longer cutting life.
It will do clean and faster cuts, also increase the productivity in pruning and clean woodwork. Designed large gullets and oversize blades to remove the chips easily
- It will do the ultimate cutting performance in pruning applications and clean wood.
- For fast chip removal, provide large blade gullets between teeth.
- To have less friction, coated with perma-SHIELD nonstick.
- For extreme cuts, the blade has a large body.
- The cutting life from standard pruning blades is up to 50 times.
5. Caliastro – Best Wood Pruning Saw Blades for Reciprocating saw.
The Caliastro reciprocating saw blade is the last product on our list, which is also the perfect tool with an eight-pack set, in which three blades have 6-inch size, three blades have 9-inch length, and 2 have 12-inch size. This blade pack is for professional wood pruning. It is a convent and durable case that protects the blades during transport and storage.
- The blades use high-quality carbon steel for fast wood cutting.
- They have high-quality long-lasting pruning blades for a reciprocating saw.
- It is excellent for all primary reciprocating saws.
- Come with a clear durable plastic case.
- Easy to install and uninstall.
How do I choose a saw blade?
When it chooses the best pruning blade for the reciprocating best cordless saw, there are certain things to know about your upcoming tool. Here we will shortly discuss these things. For instance, you need to know what kind of material the blade? What type of cuts can you make with the blade? Or how powerful a tool you want for your work.
Furthermore, you can choose the number of teeth, blade tooth configuration, and the gullet in your blade. There are many other factors that matter. However, to select the best one and narrow down your choice, we will recommend looking at your personal preferences.
Moreover, try to find the answer to these questions and then choose the best tool for you. However, if you are not a professional and have no clear idea about the equipment and types of blades, we will recommend reading our buyer guide thoroughly. In our buying guide, we provide you with some standard recommendations for a right saw blade.
How do I know if my blade is sharp?
As we know, the sharpness of a blade matters in the functioning of a blade. For instance, a dull blade will make you exert more effort, and you will also spend more time in all the process. On the other hand, a sharp blade will save you time and energy. For this reason, it is necessary to know about the sharpness of your blade.
The most reliable and best way to test the sharpness of the blade is to cut with it. If you feel it does not cut faster and smooth, then it needs sharpening. The other method that you can use to take paper and hold it vertically. If your blade is sharp, the piece of paper will cut down with a simple slicing motion. On the other hand, a dull blade will make you exert some effort on it.
Best pruning blade for the reciprocating saw buying Guide:
Here we will discuss some important factors that you need to check before buying the best pruning blade for the reciprocating saw.
The first thing that you need to check out is the design of the blade. There is the use of a different kind of material in the construction of the blade. For instance, some blades come with high-speed steel and some with high carbon steel. Moreover, there are also bi-metal blades in the market.
However, for pruning, the best choice will be bi-metal or high carbon steel. This recommendation is the high carbon steel is much flexible and is also very cost-effective.
The other thing to check is the length of the blade. For pruning, never pick a saw with a small size. A long blade is ideal for pruning. A long will avoid any plunge cut. Moreover, it will also make your work faster and easier. The best-recommended length for reciprocating saw pruning blade is between 9 to 12 inches.
The other thing that is necessary to check out in your purchase the sharpness of the blades’ teeth. A typical range of TPI (teeth per inch) is between 2 to 24. A higher Tp will lead you to do your job smoothly. On the other hand, a lower TPI makes you cut faster. So you can choose according to your personal preference.
Q. Which saw blades make the smoothest cut?
Blades if your blade has densely packed teeth, then it will make smoother cuts. However, such blades are ideal for cutting hardwoods or trees with branch thickness of 1-½ inch.
Q. Can you use a reciprocating saw to cut tree limbs?
Yes. You can cut your tree limbs and branches with a reciprocating saw. You can easily cut down your tree if it is small. However, a reciprocating saw is an ideal tool to cut stationery material. If your tree has very thick branches, you may feel difficulty cutting with a reciprocating saw.
Q. What is the difference between a Sawzall and a reciprocating saw?
There is no apparent difference between Sawzall and a reciprocating saw. So you can say a reciprocating saw and a Sawzall are the same terms used by different manufacturers.
Q. How thick can a reciprocating saw cut?
The ability to cut a reciprocating saw depends on the thickness of the blade. Blades that have a thickness of 0.035 inches are quite suitable for making smooth cuts. Moreover, if you have a blade of 0.05 inches thick, it will increase the stability of cuts even more. Furthermore, short blades are best for plunge cutting jobs.
Q. Is more teeth on a saw blade better?
The number of teeth on the blade determines its working ability. A blade with more teeth will make a smoother cut. However, it will work a little slow. On the other hand, if you have a blade with fewer teeth, it will make your work much faster. However, cuts will not be so smooth.
As we already mention, pruning is not a piece of cake for everyone. Especially if you’re pruning thicker branches. So to make this process easier and faster, you will need a proper tool. Our today guide was to help you to pick the best pruning blade for reciprocating saw. If you are a beginner, you may be confused at some points.
However, if you choose from our best recommendation while following our tips and techniques, you will get the best tool for your yard. We hope you will find our provided information beneficial and will choose from our best reciprocating saws.
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.