This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
Security cameras are an excellent way to keep your property safe, and there is a lot of options on the market. To help you find the best budget security camera system for your needs, we have put together this review and comparison article.
Every day, the world becomes more and more dangerous. Crimes are increasing at an alarming rate, and children can’t even play outside without fear of being abducted. This is why many people are turning to security cameras for their homes or business properties. With this article, we’ll discuss the best budget security camera systems on the market so you can find one that will work well for your needs.
We’ll give reviews based on the price range as well as what type of system would be best for your specific property. The goal is to help you feel safe in any situation!
List of the ten best budget security camera systems
|1.||YI Indoor Wireless WiFi Security IP Camera||Smart Nanny Pet Dog Cat Cam with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Motion Detection, 360-degree, 1080p, Phone App, Works with Alexa and Google|
|2.||WYZE Cam Outdoor Starter Bundle||Includes Base Station and 1 Camera, 1080p HD Indoor/Outdoor Wire-Free Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa & Google Assistant|
|3.||Ring Indoor Cam||Compact Plug-In HD security camera with two-way talk, Works with Alexa|
|4.||SV3C WiFi Security Camera||WiFi Security Cameras Outdoor, 1080P Two Way Audio IP Cameras, Motion Detection Outside Onvif Surveillance Camera, IP66 Waterproof Indoor Exterior Cam, Support Max 128GB SD Card Record|
|5.||Blink Mini||Compact indoor plug-in smart security camera, 1080 HD video, night vision, motion detection, two-way audio, Works with Alexa 1 camera|
|6.||Alptop WiFi Security Camera||Outdoor 2.5-inch PTZ WiFi Security Camera, 1080P Pan/Tilt 5X Optical Zoom, 165 ft Night Vision, Two-Way Audio IP66, Weatherproof Motion Detection & E-Mail/Push Alerts AT-200PW|
|7.||Wyze Cam||1080p Pan Zoom, Wi-Fi Indoor Smart Home Camera with Night Vision, 2-Way Audio, Works with Alexa & the Google Assistant|
|8.||LEFTEK PTZ Camera||Outdoor Analog Camera AHD/TVI/CVI/CVBS RS485 HD Ultra 5.0mp 4X Zoom, 65ft IR, IP66, Weatherproof CCTV Camera|
|9.||Esnow Security Surveillance Cameras||2022 Upgraded, Full HD 1080P Security Surveillance Camera, Outdoor Waterproof Wireless PTZ Camera, Night Vision – IP, WiFi Cam, Surveillance Cam, Audio Motion Activated|
|10.||BOAVISION||Security Camera Outdoor, Wireless WiFi IP Camera Home Security System 360° View, Motion Detection, auto Tracking, Two Way Talk, HD 1080P pan Tile Full Color Night Vision Boavision|
Table of Contents
best budget security camera systems review
We’ll discuss the features and benefits of each system, and help you decide which one is best for you.
1. YI Dome Camera- best budget security camera system
YI Dome camera is one of the best budget security camera systems that provide cloud storage to you and reduce the risk of losing the data.
It gives high-definition coverage with its 1080p lens. Additionally, it allows you to communicate in two ways. Night vision makes this piece more preferable, but the cost remains the first.
On the other hand, it also gives WiFi connectivity to access your camera with YI mobile app, which is available for Android and iOS.
- Rating on Amazon 4.2 out of 5.
- It works with Alexa.
- With advanced anti-noise built-in filter.
- 1080p High-definition, wide-angle advanced glass lens.
- Receive real tie activity alerts.
- It allows two-way communication.
- It has advanced night vision, which extends the viewing distance.
- Brand YI
- Weight 11.4 ounces
- Model FBA_93005
- It is affordable.
- It has motion and sound detection technology.
- Provides cloud storage
- It has some firmware issues.
- Also, have some privacy issues.
- It is not waterproof.
2. Wyze Cam best security camera system for appartment
Wyze Cam is an outdoor cam considered as the best budget security camera system. It has a motion detection feature that allows us to capture a 12 seconds clip when motion sound is detected. This clip remains stored in the cloud storage for 14 days.
When it comes to local storage, wyze cam includes a built-in SD card. You can enable mobile notification by connecting the camera with it. In this way, you will get an instant message whenever some motion is detected.
- Two-way audio communication.
- Provides cloud storage.
- Works with Alexa and Google Home.
- Night vision allows you to see clearly in the dark.
- It supports a WiFi system.
- Brand – WYZE
- Weight 1.2 pounds
- Model WVOD1B1
- Dimensions 6.4 x 3.2 x 2.9 inches
- It is small and flexible.
- It provides local as well as cloud storage.
- It comes at an affordable price.
- It is a compact plugin indoor camera.
- It is a wired system.
- Not weather resistant.
- Give cloud storage only for 14 days.
3. Ring Indoor Cam budget friendly security camera system
Ring Indoor Cam is an affordable, compact, and easy-to-use security camera that lets you see, hear and speak to anyone on your property.
The Ring app gives you complete control of your Ring devices and allows for instant alerts whenever motion is detected. With its 1080p HD video quality, two-way talk feature, and night vision capabilities, this plug-in security camera lets you keep an eye on things from just about anywhere.
The Ring Indoor Cam is an easy to set up Wi-Fi camera that can be placed on a flat surface or mounted to a wall. This camera has a versatile mounting bracket and provides clear HD video.
- Rating on Amazon 4.6 out of 5.
- Available in white color.
- Gives motion notification on your phone.
- It has a versatile mounting bracket.
- Brand Ring
- Dimensions 1.81″ x 1.81″ x 2.95″
- Easy installation process.
- It detects motion.
- It is feasible.
- Does not detect sound.
- Saving video requires a subscription.
4. SV3C WiFi Camera best budget security outdoor camera
SV3C WiFi camera is a two-way communicating camera. It tells you the motion detected. It instantly sends you the snaps where motion is detected. SV3C technology provides lifetime support.
Furthermore, it supports SD cards. And another fantastic feature is its multi-user viewing feature. This feature allows multiple people to view the activity.
The Ring Indoor Cam is a wi-fi security camera that displays pictures in 1920*1080 Full HD. The 1080P IP camera has 36 pcs IR LEDs, allowing you to see clearly even at night!
The 1080P WiFi IP camera outdoor is built of heavy metal and has a waterproof level of up to ip66, which means it can withstand harsh weather and vandals. Even in storm and snowy conditions, this waterproof security camera is powerful enough to prevent theft. This waterproof security camera is ideal for use both indoors and outside, such as a garage,
- Rating on Amazon 4 out of 5.
- Detects motion.
- Send snaps of the movement immediately.
- It allows for multi-user viewing.
- Comes with SV3C technology.
- This outdoor camera is waterproof.
- Brand SV3C
- Weight 12.3 ounces
- Model SV-B06W-1080P-HX
- Dimensions 7.87 x 2.76 x 2.56 inches
- It is waterproof.
- Sends snaps when motion is detected.
- It is a corded camera.
- Only detect motion.
5. Blink Mini best security camera system
The Blink Mini is the perfect security camera system for your home. It’s compact and easy to install, and it records 1080 HD videos with night vision and motion detection.
Plus, you can use the two-way audio feature to communicate with your family or pets from anywhere in the world. And because it’s Alexa-enabled, you can even control it with your voice. Get peace of mind knowing that your home is always safe and secure with the Blink Mini.
- Rating on Amazon 4.4 out of 5.
- Has to plug in a security camera.
- Has motion detection technology.
- Provides two-way communication.
- Alerts you by sending a notification when motion is detected.
- It requires a subscription.
- Fully IFTTT compatible.
- Brand Blink Home Security
- Weight 1.7 ounces
- Dimensions 2 in. x 1.9 in. x 1.4 in.
- It is weatherproof.
- It gives high-quality videos.
- It comes with a convenient mounting bracket.
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor both.
- Requires paid subscription.
- No security extras.
6. Outdoor 2.5inch PTZ best budget security camera
Alptop outdoor camera is a high-resolution best budget security camera. It is a high-resolution wireless camera with color night vision and a 1/3″ 2 Megapixel CMOS sensor.
It also supports two-way communication. There is no need to put a ladder for camera adjustment. You can adjust your camera just from your computer or smartphone.
- Rating on Amazon 3.9 out of 5.
- Adjustable camera through smartphones
- It is a weatherproof camera.
- Contains a motion sensor.
- Support two-way communication.
- Send alerts instantly after detecting motion.
- Brand ALPTOP
- Weight 2.39 pounds
- Dimensions 8.19 x 8.15 x 5.16 inches
- Has an optical zoom feature.
- It is a wireless security camera.
- Compatible with the third software.
- Detects motion only.
- 5G WiFi is not supported.
- WiFi camera is not battery powered.
7. Wyze Labs Cam Pan – best budget security camera
Wyze lab camera always stuns the customer with its beautiful design and attractive feature. This wyze camera comes with a PTZ feature and focuses on every corner of the room.
With its WiFi system, you can connect your mobile phone with it for live streaming. Furthermore, it has a great night vision feature and a motion sensor that detects strange motion every time. Additionally, it comes with both local and cloud storage options.
- Rating on Amazon 4.4 out of 5.
- It works with Alexa.
- It includes a motion tracking feature.
- It is a tilt zoom WiFi camera.
- Consist of enhanced night vision.
- Brand Wyze Labs
- Weight 8.8 ounces
- Model WYZECP1
- Dimensions 2.36 x 2.36 x 5.02 inches
- It has a motion detection feature.
- Provides local and cloud storage.
- It does not have any auto-reboot function.
8. LEFTEK Dome security camera system
LEFTEK Dome Camera is one of the perfectly designed security cameras for your place at an affordable price. Its optical zoom technology makes it among the best security camera. It has perfect night vision. Furthermore, it keeps the picture clear in low light. Additionally, it is weatherproof and has an anti-surge feature too.
- Rating on Amazon 3.1 out of 5.
- It has optical zoom with autofocus.
- It has an improved IR night vision.
- Keep the picture clear in low light.
- The security camera has anti-surge and lightning protection.
- Brand LEFTEK
- Weight 2.02 pounds
- Dimensions 3.94 x 3.54 x 2.76 inches.
- Good in low light.
- It comes with a separate wall mount.
- It is water and dustproof.
- It is expensive.
9. ESNOW – best affordable security camera system
Esnow is a budget-friendly outdoor security camera with weather protection and motion sensors. These sensors are connected with WiFi and send instant notifications to the connected phone.
The cameras have a PTZ (pan, tilt, zoom) so you can see everything that’s going on around your home. Although it is a wired camera, it does provide high-resolution footage. And send the images of the motion detected area.
- Rating on Amazon 4 out of 5.
- They have night vision.
- Have a motion detection sensor that immediately sends explicit images to your phone.
- It is a PTZ camera.
- Two-way communication will help to scare away the intruders.
- With PTZ technology, you will never get a blind spot.
- Esnow is a wired security camera.
- Brand Esnow
- Weight 1 pounds
- Model SB-122
- Dimensions 6 x 4 x 4 inches
- It is a weatherproof outdoor camera.
- When the SD card is full, it overwrites the old footage with the new one.
- It is a corded camera.
- It does not support the 5G network.
10. BOAVISION – best budget Outdoor Security Camera
The Boavision Outdoor Security Camera is a cheap wireless WiFi IP camera for home security system with 360° view, motion detection, and auto-tracking. Two-way talk enables you to listen and talk to your loved ones from anywhere at any time.
It supports HD 1080P pan tile full-color night vision video recording and playback. At the same time, it can be used as a baby monitor to watch over your children while they are sleeping.
You can also use it as an intercom system in the house so that you don’t have to go downstairs or outside.
- it has a 360° View
- View live video in up to 1080p
- 4x Digital zoom, with 350° horizontal and 120° Vertical
- Support 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi
- Supports smartphones (iOS, Android), tablets (iPad, Android), PC
- Allows you to connect most famous NVR , NAS and 3rd Party surveillance system
- Brand – BOAVISION
- Weight 1.81 pounds
- Model HD22M102M
- Dimensions 6.5 x 4.2 x 3.9 inches
- It has full HD night vision
- It is solar-powered.
- It provides less coverage.
best budget security camera system buying guide
This buying guide will give you all the tips you should know when buying your home or office’s best budget security camera system.
Video quality is the foremost important thing you should consider while buying a security camera. When the quality is good, it will be easy for you to detect if some mishap occurs. Otherwise, it’ll all be wasted.
Getting a camera without knowing the storage is complete stupidity. Look for the storage it has. If it has the SD, you should make up your mind that you’ll need SD cards frequently. The more the hold of the SD card, the more will be the price. Instead, look for the cameras supporting cloud storage. It can be more feasible.
Choose the camera that will be easy for you to install at your place and easy to maintain too. It is difficult to check on camera maintenance, so you must be careful while choosing.
Cost matters a lot. There are many cameras out there that are cheap and work undeniably perfectly, but they will have any flaws, including durability.
It is better to purchase rechargeable or solar-powered because there is more chance that these will last more than wired security cameras.
Put the weather resistance of the camera on your list. When you buy a nonresistant camera, it won’t last for even a week. Thus, go for durable and robust resistance-ability cameras.
Installing a camera with no night vision or low-quality night vision makes no sense. As there is a high risk of security interruption at night, so using a stormy night vision camera can cost you much more than you imagine. So always purchase the best budget security camera system with the night vision feature.
PTZ means Pan Twist Zoom. A security camera having these features is perfect for you. It is a feature that provides complete surveillance features. It can rotate itself to its fullest so that you can get a view of every corner of the place.
Two way comunication
Having a camera with a two-way communication feature is incredible. You can connect with your family. On the one hand, where you can listen to their voices, this type of security camera allows you to speak. Your family can also hear you, and in this way, it can be preferable.
Wires or wireless
Prefer a wireless camera. The reason behind this is that it is easy to maintain. There will be no drilling or any other interruption of wires in your home. Additionally, wires may damage quickly, whereas solar-powered or rechargeable cameras may last longer than wired cameras.
People always prefer a low-cost product. While purchasing the camera, make sure you know what its stored video viewing cost. Companies charge you for saving and sharing footage. So you can choose the cameras with less subscription fee for feasibility.
Wired or wireless cheap security camera system
Security cameras come in two types; wired and wireless. Wired cameras have hardwired cables with them, which need to be adjusted when setting up a camera. It also needs professional help for installation. The central plus point of wired cameras is that they are always getting power and do not require frequent charging. On the contrary, its wires need to be dealt with carefully. These wires can be damaged or broken that can interrupt the working of the camera.
On the other hand, wireless cameras or battery-operated cameras do not require any wires for installation. It is easy to install. The major drawback of a wireless camera is, its battery needs to be changed frequently, and the camera also needs to be placed near the p
What’s the benefit of the best budget security camera system?
- Easy to control
While using any electronic device, all you need is easy control. It can be the priority of every person to have easy control. When you have an easy system, you will automatically love it.
- 24\7 surveillance
The installation of a security camera provides 24\7 surveillance. Thus, when you are conscious about your safety, you will find every activity around you at the screen in front of you.
- Night vision
Night vision cameras give you a clear night view of your surroundings. You can see in the darkness the suspicious movements and actions of others.
- More improved security
With security cameras at your place, you will be at peace. You will have all the activity at your front. Security will be improved. If anyone tries to break into your place, you can have evidence and get to him with the footage.
- Detect theft
Similarly, with the granting of security, these cameras detect theft. While looking for stuff, if you find something missing, check the footage immediately, and you will indeed find your thief.
- Helps police
Security cameras contribute a lot to police investigations. Numerous crimes take place daily, and many criminals get caught with the help of security cameras.
- Less maintenance
Due to the small size and advanced technology, we do not need to worry much about its maintenance. It allows users to be convenient with their use. Also, it does not require too much effort to be taken care of.
- Can’t stop theft
However, security cameras only provide evidence and record of the activities but cannot stop controlling them. You can only get proof from it and bring it to the crime department to deal with accordingly.
- Privacy issue
Yet security cameras have many advantages but, they can make people uncomfortable sometimes. They will feel the invasion of their privacy. They can be repulsive and may not do routine work as they might feel interference in cameras.
When it comes to security cameras, they are always expensive. Indeed you can find cheap ones too, but they may not be as durable as the expensive ones.
In final words, we can say the security of oneself or belongings or family is a priority. Thus, you must be wise enough to choose the best budget security camera system. By keeping in mind the points earlier mentioned in the buying guide and the products reviewed, you must select the most accurate camera for yourself that should be easy to maintain, have cloud storage, ask for less subscription fee, and not too expensive. Security is a priority!
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.