This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
If you are vegan or dairy intolerant, do not fret! You can enjoy bulletproof coffee without butter by substituting any essential oil instead of butter.
I’m going to show you how to make bulletproof coffee without butter. It is a simple recipe that tastes great and will kickstart your morning without the fat. I know what you’re thinking; there’s no way it can taste good without butter! Trust me on this one. Instead, you can use essential oil that gives it a similar flavor and makes for a fantastic smoothie base too!
If you are interested, keep on reading, we have some fantastic recipes for you.
Table of Contents
3 best substitute of butter for butter free bulletproof coffee
Here are our 3 substitutes for bulletproof coffee without butter:
1) Use coconut oil instead of grass-fed unsalted butter.
2) Add MCT powder (a fat metabolizing supplement found naturally in coconuts), cacao powder, cinnamon, and vanilla extract.
3) Create a Bulletproof home blend using almond milk or any other milk.
Bulletproof coffee without butter: A Recipe
-Ingredients for a Bulletproof Coffee Without Butter
- Brewed coffee (we recommend using organic)
- Almond milk
- Coconut oil
Brew hot coffee with high-quality beans and add almond or other nut milk for flavor.
MCT oil, a healthy fat that you can also use to make bulletproof coffee without butter, will not dissolve in water, so you need an alternative way of adding it to the blender. In this case, blend brewed black coffee and any plant milk like coconut oil or olive oil but skip out on the MCT and stir in your preferred sweetener (if desired).
This drink has all the same benefits as regular bulletproof coffee minus some saturated fats from dairy products! You’ll get all the antioxidants from black tea, protein boost from almonds/nuts, healthy fats from oils, plus added sweetness via natural sugars.
Benefits of Butter Free Bulletproof Coffee
The many benefits of making your own Butter Free Bulletproof Coffee will be worth the effort.
- It tastes great, requires no special ingredients like milk or cream, and is much faster to make than any other alternative. You can enjoy all these benefits without sacrificing taste when you opt for this healthier option. After trying it out once, you’ll never want anything else again! Read on to learn more about the essential benefits of butter-free bulletproof coffee.
- The other benefit of butter-free bulletproof coffee is that you can enjoy it any time of the day. It is an excellent option for people who might be following specific dietary restrictions, such as veganism or gluten-free eating. You will never have to miss out on this tasty beverage because butter-free bulletproof coffee contains no animal products and only healthy fats.
What can you substitute for butter in bulletproof coffee?
There are plenty of substitutions for butter in bulletproof coffee that will make your morning routine just as satisfying!
A few common substitutes are avocado oil, olive oil, ghee (clarified butter), palm shortening, and mono-unsaturated fats like those found in olives and avocados. All of these replacements provide a healthy dose of fat that will keep you full longer than other options. You can even make your substitute for butter by blending coconut milk with some cocoa powder or cinnamon! So experiment to find the best option for you and enjoy bulletproof coffee guilt-free!
Can you put MCT oil in coffee without butter?
If you are trying to cut down on butter, MCT oil may be a good alternative for cooking. However, there is one question that many people have been asking: Can you put MCT oil in coffee without butter? Well, the answer is yes!
The only thing that needs to be added to your coffee before adding the oil is milk or cream products such as almond milk or coconut milk. It will help prevent any bad taste from happening if it’s not warmed up enough.
We’ve done our best to provide a bulletproof coffee without butter recipe that will please your palate and keep you satisfied for hours. But, if it doesn’t work out the way we described or just isn’t meeting your expectations, don’t worry! There are plenty of other ways to get all of these benefits without substituting butter in place of MCT oil, like adding coconut milk, using grass-fed ghee instead of regular butter, or swapping almond or cashew milk as an alternative. Whatever route you go with this Bulletproof Coffee Recipe, we hope you find it satisfying and life-changing! Follow our tips on how to make a great cup every time.
Read our article on “bulletproof coffee blender“
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.