This post contains affiliate links. As an amazon associate, I earn affiliate commission, from qualifying purchases.
Curious about trying out the best toy cash registers with scanner and receipt for your child? Are you looking for something fun and easy to use to teach your child about counting, numbers, and money?
What makes a toy cash register stand out enough for you as a parent to buy it? Is it because it has your child’s favorite color or cartoon character? Or maybe it’s the accessories that come with it?
List and review of 8 best toy cash registers with scanner and receipt for your convenience.
- Minnie Mouse Disney Junior Bowtique Cash Register- best toy cash register
- FUNERICA Durable Cash Register Toy for Kids- affordable toy cash register
- Boley Toy Cash Register with Scanner- working calculator toy cash register
- Boley Kids Toy Cash Register- best realistic toy cash registers
- Battat B. Toys Cash Register Toy Playset- best scanner and cash register
- Funerica Toy Cash Register- best toy cash register with scanner and receipts for kids
- Victostar Toy Cash Register for Kids with Checkout Scanner- best toy cash register
- Little Tikes Shop ‘N Learn Smart Checkout- best educational Toy Cash Register
Table of Contents
Benefits of Toy Cash Registers
No matter how old your child is,fake toy cash registers are among one of the best toys that support your child’s brain development. Most parents are often in a hurry to purchase a toy for their kids, but taking your time and being intentional about the kind of play cash register you buy whether for your older child or your young toddler will result in a much better play time for your little one.
Let’s play pretend
Pretend play is a powerful tool that enhances cognitive skills like problem-solving, social interaction, creative thinking, language, dialogue and emotional intelligence. By copying real world situations, your childnot only develops their own imagination they also learn to understand how the world functions.
A child with a good grasp of mathematics will most likely be good at money management when they grow up. An added advantage of toy cash registers is that it helps your child to start being more comfortable with money and mathematics. If you foster an environment where your child understands the basic principles of money even at a young age and make it fun, it can help them when they are older.
Academic skills like counting, addition, subtraction and number recognition can be made fun and interactive through using toy cash registers. In addition learning to recognize the different types of money like coins, bank cards and cash bills helps to develop their understanding.
Choosing the best cash register
As a parent you have unlimited choices but there are some factors that you might not think about. It’s not all about what you see at first glance. Consider the following;
Your child’s health and durability
Whilst the toy manufacturing industry has made strides in using Eco-friendly material it is still important not to let your guard down. Always make sure that the toys you buy are safe and non-toxic, especially if your child is still in their‘putting everything in the mouth phase.’
Durability is also important because you don’t want to buy an expensive toy made out of cheap material that shatters when not if, but when your child accidentally drops it or throws it across the room.
Hello terrible twos!
Equally important is the overall appearance and attractiveness of the toy. If it gets discolored too quickly without experiencing much trauma or if it has very tiny essential parts that can go missing and take away the quality of the play experience from your child and give you the headache of looking for them, then it is probably not a good choice.
Your child’s age
It is always advisable to go by the recommended age for the toy. Good research has gone into this classification. If your child is still very young then the little coins or pretend food can be a choking hazard. So please make sure that you buy according to those guidelines.
Whilst value for money is definitely subjective, there is nothing that could be as frustrating for you as a parent as buying a toy that is just going to sit on the floor in your home, barely touched. Children will quickly outgrow toys so it’s best that you take your time when choosing and not spend a ridiculous amount of money for a toy that might be too overwhelming for your child or too bland and uninteresting that they hardly play with it.
The added accessories
Depending on the manufacturer, some toy cash registers come with added accessories that could enhance your child’s play time. The various things to look out for are:
- Does it come with a range of shopping items like toy food products and shopping baskets?
- Does it have a theme from one of your child’s favorite cartoon television programs therefore making it an instant hit in your home?
- Is it electronic and does it have audio sounds such as songs or phrases that could improve the experience for your child?
- Is it a realistic toy cash register that prints receipts, has a scanner, a microphone, a working scale, conveyor belt or a working calculator that will help your older child grasp and understand basic shopping and calculation principles?
Knowing and evaluating these factors will help you choose the best pretend and play toy cash register for your kid.
Our Review of the 8 best toy cash register with scanner:
Minnie Mouse Disney Junior Bowtique Cash Register
The toy comes with:
- Fun Minnie Mouse phrases
- Realistic cash register sounds
- Play money, coins and a pretend credit card
- A working calculator
- Various assorted grocery items and a scanner with sound
- Requires 2 AAA batteries which are included
This toy cash register comes highly recommended for little girls. It is a great fun cash register for kids that are besotted with the Disney character. The design is very bright and engaging and the bedazzled boutique look can be captivating to your little princess. It also offers great playtime for your kids and their friends.
One disadvantage, however, is that there is no off button, so the sounds emitted by the toy could be quite annoying and overwhelming (for the adults of course). The description from the manufacturer says that it has a working calculator, however, the toy only makes a sound when the numbers are pressed and the calculator is more of a prop so no ‘real’ adding or subtraction can be taught. The recommended age is 36 months to 8 years however for older kids this toy cash register might not be ideal because it is pretty rudimentary and more suited for imaginative pretend to play.
- Has large buttons
- Scanner makes beeping sound
- Play money is made from flimsy paper material
- Cash drawer is too small for the play money
FUNERICA Durable Cash Register Toy for Kids
The toy has the following features:
- A microphone and calculator function
- 8 coins, play money, and credit cards
- 6 fruits that can be cut and a chopping board and knife
- A scanner that lights up and produces a scanning sound
- Cash drawer that produces sound upon opening
- A unique feature where your child can watch coins roll inside the toy and get a change on each purchase
This toy cash register is perfect for developing your child’s cognitive skills. Featuring bright and captivating colors we rate it as one of the best toy cash registers with scanner and receipts. This toy cash register is very durable and therefore ideal for younger children who are still a bit heavy-handed with their toy. The play food items offer additional stimulation and can help your child improve their fine motor skills by using the knife and cutting boards. The interactive speaker is great for improving listening and dialogue skills.
- The coins are big enough to reasonably deter any chocking.
- It is durable
- Calculator function helps basic math skills
- The cash drawer can stick and make it difficult to close or open.
- The sticker around the screen peels off without much trauma to the toy.
Boley Toy Cash Register with Scanner
This toy features:
- A real working calculator
- 30 play money bills
- 42 play money coins
- 2 play credit cards
- Requires 2 AA batteries that are not included
- A pretend scanner that lights up and makes a sound
This is another great educational toy cash register. This toy cash register is ideal for early educational imaginative play. The calculator helps develop math skills and the quantity of the bills and coins allows your child to learn about making a change with little limitation. The added sounds and lights provide stimulation for your child, it is a great way to pretend play. The actual size of the toy should be taken into account as the picture can make it seem bigger than it actually is.
- Oversized coins helps prevent chocking
- Size is perfect for young toddlers
- Made from 100% nontoxic material
- The play money is not strong and can be easily ripped
- The pretend cash drawer is small making it hard to get the money out
Boley Kids Toy Cash Register
This toy comes with:
- A scale that measures the weight of the groceries
- A working pretend conveyor belt
- A solar-powered calculator
- Play coins and play money
- The credit card that makes sounds when passed through the credit card scanner
- A beeping scanner and amplified microphone
- Pretend groceries and shopping basket
Perhaps one of the most realistic toy cash registers on the market. The toy is great for encouraging dialogue due to the microphone and the welcome, thank you, and goodbye functions that are triggered when you press the relevant buttons. The automated conveyor belt is a great feature that will help your child have fun whilst learning essential lessons in counting, adding, and subtracting.
- It has large buttons to help younger kids
- Solar powered calculator so no need for batteries
- 100% nontoxic
- The volume levels of microphone can be a bit too high
- The scanner has short cables that make it difficult to stretch and scan the play food.
Battat B. Toys Cash Register Toy Play set
This toy set comes with:
- A beeping scanner and cash register
- 26 pieces including 3 coins, 15 bills, 4 pretend vegetables, and 1 grocery basket.
- A working conveyor belt and a microphone
- A working calculator
- A lockable drawer
- Play money, coins, and a credit card that also makes a sound when inserted
- 2AA batteries included.
The toy allows for very young children to begin learning about colors, numbers, money, and food. The material used is very durable and suitable for younger toddlers. The big play food pieces prevent the possibility of choking for your younger child. In addition, the simplistic design and quantity of loose pieces allow you to keep track of them.
- It is made from high quality material
- The lockable drawer is a great addition
- Themoney drawer can get stuck at times.
- The space in the drawer is too small and the play money fails to fit well in the drawer.
Funerica Toy Cash Register
This toy comes with a complete play set that includes:
- A shopping basket with an assorted food set
- Play money and coins
- A mini stove with cooking utensils like pots and spatula
- A play cutting vegetables set with a chopping board and knife
- A chef hat
- A working calculator
- A scanner that lights up and beeps
- A scale that displays a price on the cash register when an item is placed on it.
Definitely the toy cash registers with the most accessories on our list. This toy cash register really is two toys in one. Your child can play pretend shopping and restaurant or cooking at the same time. The cutting accessories help with developing fine motor skills and the calculator assists with math problem-solving. The colorful design will keep your young one captivated. The toy makes a slicing noise when the pretend the food is sliced up. It is recommended for children ages 2 years to 9 years. In our books, this makes it one of the best toy cash register with scanner and receipts for kids
- The toy is very durable can be used for a number of years
- It has over 40 accessories
- It is two toys in one
- The actual size of the toy cash register is smaller than it looks in pictures.
- The base of the handheld scanner is not securely attached and can break or detach easily.
- Overall product quality is not as strong.
- The money also doesn’t fit well into the drawer.
Victostar Toy Cash Register for Kids with Checkout Scanner
This toy comes with:
- 20 plus accessories; including 8 grocery food items and a shopping basket
- A credit card and separate credit card slot machine
- A working scanner that beeps
- Pretend play money with 6 coins and cash bills
- The 1.5 AA batteries (not included) for the cash register and scanner
- Mini screwdriver to open the battery cap
This toy cash register offers a simplistic approach to learning and plays for your child. It has a moderate quantity of accessories, therefore, keeping track of all of the parts will not be much of an issue.
- Very simple design
- The detached credit card reader is a unique bonus
- The cash drawer occasionally sticks.
- The actual size of the toy is generally smaller than the average
Little Tikes Shop ‘N Learn Smart Checkout
This toy features:
- 5 interactive modes (free play, shopping list, checkout counter, speed scanner, and music mode)
- A free app with added games compatible with most devices
- Assorted food items like vegetables, meat, pizza, cheese, and eggs
- A fridge and grocery bag
- Working conveyor bet
- Cash register
- Scanner and aisle light
- Pretend money and credit card
- Smart scan technology
This toy cash register is very different from the traditional ones. It offers so much more stimulation and can keep your child occupied for quite some time because of the five different play modes. It is supported by a free app that is compatible with most devices and this increases the educational and positive playtime value of this toy. Additionally, it is one of the most realistic toy cash registers on the market because it offers a real complete pretend shopping experience.
- It is fordable so saves storage space
- Uses modern technology
- Much more expensive than the average toy cash register.
- It has to be assembled
Pretend and play cash registers are a great way for your child to learn and play. Whilst the above cash registers all have something to offer you, our winner for the best toy cash register with a scanner and receipts for kids on our list is the Funerica Toy Cash Register. It caters to a bigger age range and with its extra accessories, it ensures that your child is constantly entertained. It is also generally very durable and you will not pay an arm and a leg for it. It is really two toys in one.
Former F&B manager in the Hilton hotel. As a hotel management professional, he is having a wide verity of knowledge on travel and tourism. He loves to write to us and share his experience with our valuable readers.